Air Canada Embraer 190, Revell 1:144

Good day again from sunny Nova Scotia!

This is my version of the Revell Embraer 195 recently released by Revell. I originally bought the kit last year for the airline GB. I built that one oob but had to go wheels up because the mouldings were quite poor. I was quite dischuffed with this so complained asking them to replace the complete white sprues, which 6 weeks later they did, so kudos to them! And they also included a canopy so had a complete kit bar the decals. I do like the Air Canada ice blue schemes and got some decals from V1. The only snag being that AC only have 190s and not 195s. As it was relatively easy to shorten I went for that. A search in the modern civil forum will give the dimensions and here she is in pieces.

20170211_182206_zpseaftecyd.jpg

20170213_111509_zpsuthrudm3.jpg

Alot of filling, dust creating and polishing later she turned out alright. The grey is Model Master light grey and the blue is MM duck egg blue both from the acrylic range, I added the silver trim from Vallejo Model Air chrome.first time I used that and I liked it.  Lots of nose weight added and she is sitting quite nice.  Her she is complete....

100_4656_zpsu2t4v7gy.jpg

100_4653_zpszvbnrrc9.jpg

100_4652_zps2ourp78p.jpg

100_4651_zpsrqjj7n5g.jpg

100_4654_zpsdxu75gzc.jpg

100_4657_zpsg5p1bv97.jpg

Cheers now

Bob

Edited by moaning dolphin
Numerical error it's a 190 not 175!
  • Like 17

Hi Bob,

I didn't like this livery when it first came out but it's grown on me especially on the smaller jets.

Beautiful smooth crisp finish you've achieved, would you consider adding a little weathering to the wings just to liven it up a bit?

Keep them coming!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Nice Model, Bob, but apart from shortening the fuselage you don't appear to have made any other changes?

Compared to the 195, the 175 has smaller wings (narrower root chord, shorter span), shorter wing root fairing, smaller span tail planes, smaller engines, and smaller main gear.

The fuselage cross section, cockpit, and fin are the same, but the rest of the aeroplane although similar, is different (smaller)

• Like 1

Love this model. Maintaining Air Canada's fleet of Embraers is my job. Nice choice for the blue. That colour fades sooooooo fast as does the "Air Canada" on the fuselage. The tail markings were originally painted at Embraer but other aircraft use decals.

Just a note, you've modelled a E190, and done it correctly, not a E175. The E175s have been transferred to SkyRegional which have a different looking engine cowling and slightly different wings.

Extremely nice to view.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baldwin8 said:

Just a note, you've modelled a E190

He's right, its a 190, so what you've done is correct Bob. The 190 is a shorter 195.

My comments for a 175 (and the 170) still apply if anyone's contemplating converting the Revell kit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

He's right, its a 190, so what you've done is correct Bob. The 190 is a shorter 195.

My comments for a 175 (and the 170) still apply if anyone's contemplating converting the Revell kit.

But since it's so much easier to extend a Hasegawa 170 there's really no point in contemplating converting the Revell.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jessica said:

But since it's so much easier to extend a Hasegawa 170 there's really no point in contemplating converting the Revell.

Agreed, but the Hasegawa kit isn't always easy to find and can be quite expensIve when you do. Hence Densil doing conversions for the Revell kit and some people looking to convert it themselves , usually without realising the extent of the conversion.

Very nice indeed.  :goodjob: 

For some reason I can't explain I just don't warm to the Revell E195 but seeing the excellent results you and others have achieved I must take pity on my half-finished example and crack on with it

It's a sort of sod's law that Revell have issued their own 190 as soon as you've finished the conversion!

• Like 1

On 12/04/2017 at 3:51 PM, Skodadriver said:

It's a sort of sod's law that Revell have issued their own 190 as soon as you've finished the conversion!

I hadn't noticed it was a 190 Dave, I thought it was just a reboxing with Lufthansa decals!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 2