HP Victor refuelling probe

neillbill

On 11 April 2017 at 6:05 PM, billneill said:

Whats the dark colored bit that extends down the upper center of the windscreen faired into the probe?

The Airfix kit has it as clear but it looks black in photos

Thanks

Bill

As Stever219 says.  Moulded plastic cover over two spotlights for the probe.  Interior of cover sprayed black leaving a clear area for the lights to shine through.  Note the "anti-flash" pale blue "anti-dazzle" area under the probe :-

cO1u7iK.png

HTH

Dennis

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sloegin57 said:

As Stever219 says.  Moulded plastic cover over two spotlights for the probe.  Interior of cover sprayed black leaving a clear area for the lights to shine through.  Note the "anti-flash" pale blue "anti-dazzle" area under the probe :-

cO1u7iK.png

HTH

Dennis

Thanks Dennis: it's good to know that some of what passes for a memory here still works.  I'd wondered about that blue patch under the probe too.  Am I right in thinking that the small dark circle behind the co-pilot's escape hatch is the signal pistol port?

Steve.

13 hours ago, stever219 said:

Thanks Dennis: it's good to know that some of what passes for a memory here still works.  I'd wondered about that blue patch under the probe too.  Am I right in thinking that the small dark circle behind the co-pilot's escape hatch is the signal pistol port?

Steve.

Yes it is Steve.  A similar port was on top just aft of the probe for the periscope and sextant.

Dennis