1/32nd Revell Spitfire Mk.IX- Converted into a Mk.VIII, of 79 Sqn RAAF, S. Pacific 1945.

Tony well done.....great suff

I was watching the build evolve and was going to put up a post, and then thought I would wait till near the end.....well then the end happened a lot sooner than I thought was possible!!!!!

Well done, great model and really like all what you did to it, the mini conversion and the colour scheme / weathering etc.

My one has just arrived today along with some Sopwith Camels (WNW) so now I off to have an enjoyable evening of inspecting new kits, to top it all two of my favourite aircraft.

So off to the loft to get the MkII and pull out some reference materials.

Ali

• Like 1

Superb job Tony and an excellent WIP for anyone tackling this kit, I popped into my LMS  on the way to work and reserved one from

his due stock after seeing your two in progress.

• Like 1

That's just bute' Tony.. can never go wrong with an Aussie Spit - nice simple conversion that's paid off hasomely. The weathering looks to also be straight out of a 'Masterclass Mag'. 

And I gave up brush painting a number of years ago, when unbelievable hand painted results like this can be achieved!!! 

Yet another excellent replica and another reason why I love this hobby so much. If only I could invest more time to hone my skills for better results. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

On 11/04/2017 at 4:56 PM, eng said:

God I wish I could brush paint like this!

I wish I could airbrush as well as Tony brush paints!

This one is stupendous Tony! I always love your paint and weathering, & this time is no exception, but I have to say the white paint peeling off the previous yellow leading edges is outstanding!! (actually the whole model is! :thumbsup:)

Keith

• Like 2

Wow thanks for your lovely comments,......I`m so glad that you like it,.....t and to have inspired anybody to go and buy the same kit is amazing!   I was well out of my comfort zone when it came to weathering the white painted areas and was flying by the seat of my pants,....so I`m just lucky it paid off!!

Cheers again and all the best

Tony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...