*finished*New Airfix Mustang + Eduard Spitfire

Didn't get chance to upload the pics yesterday but made put the stang togethor and primed it last night. Not been able to do any today as went done to portsmouth to vist my great aunt, which as well as nice to see her again and had a fantasstic meal out, I was well rewarded with a donation of modelling funds :). Also decided (not least as one flew over on the way home) this thread will be at least a double build, I ordered a pair of the new eduard weekend spitfires a month ago and its criminal I've not built either yet. I'm terrible at the moment for every kit I buy and start I seem to buy three for the stash....

edit in fact still haven't yet uploaded the pics so will in due course.

edit2 the corcern over the fiddly build and the task of building it wheels up is proabbly why I've avoided the spitfire....

0F08AE27-4193-43EE-9DB5-931CEC557378_zps

57F8F7BB-7F0C-45F3-9E48-A82CE9B2E50D_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

It's a nice kit, only issues I have found are the wheel struts which are a bit bendy so be careful with those, also good luck with control stick as it's almost impossible to get off without snapping. Mine has current had a couple of coats of clear prior to decals. It's been a very nice model to put together.

i will pull up a pew and watch on if you don't mind.

17 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I'm terrible at the moment for every kit I buy and start I seem to buy three for the stash....

There's probably a lot of us with you in that boat Stu!

Love that new Mustang box art too.

The Mustang is a nice little kit - I have found it a great re introduction to the modelling hobby (Will RFI mine soon) - looking forward to watching your build 

23 hours ago, Discopop said:

It's a nice kit, only issues I have found are the wheel struts which are a bit bendy so be careful with those, also good luck with control stick as it's almost impossible to get off without snapping. Mine has current had a couple of coats of clear prior to decals. It's been a very nice model to put together.

Hehe mine has wheel struts that look like Bambi after a bottle of Malt Whisky .. and yup don't mention the control stick! 

Had some terrible luck with this with bits vanishing out of the space time continium and indeed the canopy snapped, so I'll have to contact eduard, fortunately I purchased two kits so I robbed what was needed save the radio mast which I got from the spares box. So should be ready for decalling later. Edit or not as some filler fell out from the wing root, because filler just falls out from under several layers of dry paint on a whim.....A56BEF27-0C47-4A0B-B535-7633C4D98122_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Got the decals on over the weekend, was not fun at all, very dissapointed with the eduard decals, they are awful to work with, had to suplement with some spare airfix ones. Does beg th question what Ill have to use instead in future.

74A629F2-FC3E-4EDF-950B-4906B9A33E20_zps

• Like 2

I've had no problems with them, BUT I also thought they looked dodgy in the box and so used boiling water from the teakettle for the decals.