Nothing's new - it's remastered!?

mbdesignart

Idling a bit of time away on t'net I found these articles relating to reincarnations of old favourites. I'll leave you to judge how successful the are.

First up a new, old style, and some would argue, 'proper' Mini.  http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mini/99114/original-mini-returns-60s-classic-remastered-by-david-brown-with-50k-price   

Shame about the price but dangle some shapely legs beside it and they're bound to be snapped up.

Secondly, something of interest to me, a new take on the Classic Citroen H Van. This may only be the addition of some fiibreglass body panels, but at least they are trying to break the box van mould.  Monsuir Van de Blanc?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroen/99105/citroen-relay-gets-unofficial-h-van-70th-anniversary-bodykit

Talking of the H Van I recently bought a kit to send to The Dark Continent for my brother and noted the Heller decals have been culled. Gone are the Fruit and Veg and Heller brand schemes, it's reg. plates and only the late style speedo, erm?

• Like 1

Whatever next? A 2CV or R4 fourgonette reincarnation* based on the Berlingo?

A Transit with one primer grey front wing and some fake rust?  :P

*Reintarnation: When you die and are reborn as a hillbilly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, injidup said:

Whatever next? A 2CV or R4 fourgonette reincarnation* based on the Berlingo?

A Transit with one primer grey front wing and some fake rust?  :P

*Reintarnation: When you die and are reborn as a hillbilly.

You don't need fake rust on a Transit - even if you buy a brand new one , I'm sure it'll be rusting for real in a short space of time .  Sadly , rustproofing is the one thing Ford have never really got the hang of .

• Like 1