DH 60 M 'Metal' Moth

Something else I started a long time ago soon after the kit was released. Got about half way through and it all stopped. But with the inspiration coming from the DH Gb I got on with it and finished over the past few weeks.

Kit by A Models, 1/48th and kits supplied decals as Polish operated SP-ADY during late 1930s

IMG_1805_zpscu5ecvea.jpg

IMG_1806_zpsycbjymnw.jpg

IMG_1807_zpsquw0uo3j.jpg

IMG_1808_zpscabviswq.jpg

IMG_1809_zps8evbioac.jpg

IMG_1810_zpschfsb7d3.jpg

IMG_1811_zpslvqjmwfa.jpg

IMG_1812_zpsclrneion.jpg

IMG_1813_zpsivboeyum.jpg

• Like 27

Thanks for looking. Not sure but on looking at the pics now, I think the axle to the u/c is a bit too long. I thought that at the time but didn't worry about it. Now I'm not so sure.

Appreciate the comments.   Re the building of the kit ,its not too bad. The wing to fuel tank join ought to be better as the very short pegs are not really enough. I cut them off and replaced with dress making pins but drilling the holes accurately is essential so that the lining up is good. The cockpit assembly with the floor to the fuselage needs test fitting and slight adjustments too, as too, does the bottom wing to fuselage fit need reinforcing with a length of stiff wire or your preferred methods. 

I still need to have a go and add the control runs from the tail fin and elevators really as in this scale they do need them.  The main wing sturt positions are wrong and need to be moved to one side and  in the centre between ribs and not on rib lines as marked on the kit parts. Referring to the many photos on line will reveal which way the struts need to be moved.

On the whole not a bad kit but it is the only one in 1/48th at the moment so no real choice. I wouldn't mind doing another sometime but more eagerly await the promised 48th Tiger from Special Hobby....

• 2 years later...
On 11/04/2017 at 06:48, Paul J said:

On the whole not a bad kit but it is the only one in 1/48th at the moment so no real choice. I wouldn't mind doing another sometime but more eagerly await the promised 48th Tiger from Special Hobby....

What Special hobby one?

On 10/04/2017 at 08:21, Paul J said:

Thanks for looking. Not sure but on looking at the pics now, I think the axle to the u/c is a bit too long. I thought that at the time but didn't worry about it. Now I'm not so sure.

Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn’t know and she looks great to me. If you don’t mention it no one will know so it’s just between us !