img_4486.jpg

img_4487.jpg

img_4488.jpg

img_4489.jpg

img_4490.jpg

img_4491.jpg

img_4492.jpg

img_4493.jpg

You can find all details from my build on my website there.

Alain.

Edited by colossusfr
  • Like 42

I Love it!!!!    Amazing idea at the time with seating in the wing  ( a la Junkers G36 I think) and the double decker arrangement ... and supersonic ... or more too! 

Never knew  a kit of this was around.

One could do wonders with what if schemes.....

wow - just so very Thunderbirdish. A beautifully presented and superbly photographed monumental vehicle from the better days of Slough's Trading Estate.

I still have my old vinyl 33rpm Thunderbirds record of this episode - or should I say the very first ever Thunderbird episode

F.A.B.

• Like 1

Ahhh, watching Thunderbirds, building a Lego Fireflash, losing my temper because the tail kept failing off, gasping when one of the rescue trolleys loses control, tyres bursting, Virgil sweating, seems like only yesterday :D

String?

What string....

You'll be telling me next that nobody else walked like that 

Edited by Tony C
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh! I remember that episode. Of course, I had no idea what the colours were on the show because way back then it was Black & White TV only.

You're models look beautiful, Alain.

Chris

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Brilliant model and great Thunderbirds episode, the first, and maybe the best.

one 8 year old loved every minute, shame, no Videos back then, I'm sure, Thunderbirds was the first show in colour on ITV😊

it was black and white on our telly but if I nipped next door and smiled nicely at my Aunty Sheila next door - I could watch it in colour !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

it was black and white on our telly but if I nipped next door and smiled nicely at my Aunty Sheila next door - I could watch it in colour !

If she was like my aunty Dot a coke and a piece of choccy cake was supplied....Lovely job colossus :thumbsup2:...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

If she was like my aunty Dot a coke and a piece of choccy cake was supplied....Lovely job colossus :thumbsup2:...

It was a Penguin bar - strangely the bars with red wrappers always seemed the best pick of the multipack back in those days for some reason....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

It was a Penguin bar - strangely the bars with red wrappers always seemed the best pick of the multipack back in those days for some reason....

Yep and the first thing you did was unwrap it carefully so you could ask her the question after (occasionly you'd get a Wagon Wheel and it'd take most of the episode to eat it when they were the size of a saucer)...

Very nice, its a lovely kit just needs something inserted into the wing which is a shame they don't provide anything considering what they DO provide in the kit!

I built this kit last year to portray the OTHER episode Fireflash appeared in when it sank in the ocean and Thunderbird 4 had to come to the rescue

DSC_6267_001.JPG

I scratch built seating lounges for the wings just out of some plastic strip

DSC_6221.JPG

More in my build thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235007659-aoshima-fireflash-and-thunderbird-4-diorama/

• Like 6

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all your comments.

For the light blue, I tried different colours. The one indicated in the notice is too blue for me.

After different tries, I used AKAN 73034 Pale Blue (the one for Sukhoi Su30) .

Alain.

11 hours ago, colossusfr said:

The one indicated in the notice is too blue for me.

After different tries, I used AKAN 73034 Pale Blue (the one for Sukhoi Su30) .

Yes, one does wonder where they based that colour "advice" on... watching the episodes involving FireFlash through a blue filter perhaps.:speechless:

Thanks for your reply, I'll go with the Pale Blue!

Robert

• 6 months later...