Thunderbirds Fireflash "Atomic Airliner 1/350" - Aoshima 1/350

Many thanks, I will look at obtaining some, mine might actually make completion after all.

As an aside, did anyone building this have any trouble with the waterslide decals? I have read on line that they can break up when placed into water.

Regards

Dan

They are quite delicate so care should be taken with them. I seem to recall that I actually cut mine up before getting them wet so I could control them better when laying them down. Micro Sol and Set are always handy.

22 hours ago, Dan Griffin said:

Hi, can I ask what paint shades you used, I built mine years ago, primed it and have stalled as I couldn't find the correct shades of paint. any help would be great, thanks

Why not "what if" it?  I've seen images on the interweb showing Fireflash in BOAC, BA and easyJet liveries: go on, you know you want to............

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

AH the memories come flooding back Sunday afternoon thunderbirds was on just before Bob Monkhouse and the goldenshot and then the flaxton boys television was great in the 60s welldone.:clap:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Ah, takes me back to being six again and running home to watch it on the telly ( black and white  obviously :) ).

FAB..............

Edited by Yorkshire man
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/11/2017 at 3:59 AM, Dan Griffin said:

Many thanks, I will look at obtaining some, mine might actually make completion after all.

As an aside, did anyone building this have any trouble with the waterslide decals? I have read on line that they can break up when placed into water.

Regards

Dan

On my example the words air terrainIan were all individual decals.....a decal   for each letter....hopefully they've put the carrier fim over the whole words on your sheet....mine turned into alphabet soup so it was a bit of a scramble to get them all on the fuselage with the correct spelling !