Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
colossusfr

Thunderbirds Fireflash "Atomic Airliner 1/350" - Aoshima 1/350

Posted (edited)

Hi,

A build just for fun.

Nice kit, easy to build. Nice result.

img_4466.jpg

img_4467.jpg

img_4468.jpg

img_4471.jpg

img_4472.jpg

img_4474.jpg

img_4476.jpg

img_4478.jpg

img_4480.jpg

img_4481.jpg

img_4483.jpg

img_4484.jpg

img_4485.jpg

img_4486.jpg

img_4487.jpg

img_4488.jpg

img_4489.jpg

img_4490.jpg

img_4491.jpg

img_4492.jpg

img_4493.jpg

You can find all details from my build on my website there.

Alain.

Edited by colossusfr
29 people like this

I Love it!!!!    Amazing idea at the time with seating in the wing  ( a la Junkers G36 I think) and the double decker arrangement ... and supersonic ... or more too! 

Never knew  a kit of this was around.

One could do wonders with what if schemes.....

wow - just so very Thunderbirdish. A beautifully presented and superbly photographed monumental vehicle from the better days of Slough's Trading Estate.

I still have my old vinyl 33rpm Thunderbirds record of this episode - or should I say the very first ever Thunderbird episode

F.A.B.

Superb!:worthy:

1 person likes this

That's a lovely job enhanced by brilliant photography - the colours seem to have an authentically vintage touch to them.

Will

Posted (edited)

Ahhh, watching Thunderbirds, building a Lego Fireflash, losing my temper because the tail kept failing off, gasping when one of the rescue trolleys loses control, tyres bursting, Virgin sweating, seems like only yesterday :D

String?

What string....

You'll be telling me next that nobody else walked like that 

Edited by Tony C
2 people like this

Oh! I remember that episode. Of course, I had no idea what the colours were on the show because way back then it was Black & White TV only.

You're models look beautiful, Alain.

Chris

1 person likes this

Virgin sweating

Was this from the X rated episode I missed or just the curse of predictive text?

4 people like this

Brilliant model and great Thunderbirds episode, the first, and maybe the best.

one 8 year old loved every minute, shame, no Videos back then, I'm sure, Thunderbirds was the first show in colour on ITV😊

1 person likes this

For your viewing pleasure:

Chris

6 people like this

It is with this kind of video that I can see that I have done so many simplifications !!

But nice video ! I like a lot Thunderbirds !

Alain.

1 person likes this

Brilliant great model and great memories :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Brilliant model and great Thunderbirds episode, the first, and maybe the best.

one 8 year old loved every minute, shame, no Videos back then, I'm sure, Thunderbirds was the first show in colour on ITV😊

it was black and white on our telly but if I nipped next door and smiled nicely at my Aunty Sheila next door - I could watch it in colour !

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gimme Shelter said:

it was black and white on our telly but if I nipped next door and smiled nicely at my Aunty Sheila next door - I could watch it in colour !

If she was like my aunty Dot a coke and a piece of choccy cake was supplied....Lovely job colossus :thumbsup2:...

Edited by Vince1159
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

If she was like my aunty Dot a coke and a piece of choccy cake was supplied....Lovely job colossus :thumbsup2:...

It was a Penguin bar - strangely the bars with red wrappers always seemed the best pick of the multipack back in those days for some reason....

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

It was a Penguin bar - strangely the bars with red wrappers always seemed the best pick of the multipack back in those days for some reason....

Yep and the first thing you did was unwrap it carefully so you could ask her the question after (occasionly you'd get a Wagon Wheel and it'd take most of the episode to eat it when they were the size of a saucer)...

What a great model from a great show, congratulations. God, nostalgia hurts sometimes. Great days

Very nice, its a lovely kit just needs something inserted into the wing which is a shame they don't provide anything considering what they DO provide in the kit!

I built this kit last year to portray the OTHER episode Fireflash appeared in when it sank in the ocean and Thunderbird 4 had to come to the rescue

DSC_6267_001.JPG

I scratch built seating lounges for the wings just out of some plastic strip

DSC_6221.JPG

More in my build thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235007659-aoshima-fireflash-and-thunderbird-4-diorama/

1 person likes this

Nice job, Colossus! :yes:

Which paint did you use for the very light blueish white (or whitish blue)? Or did you make yor own mixture? 

Robert 

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all your comments.

For the light blue, I tried different colours. The one indicated in the notice is too blue for me.

After different tries, I used AKAN 73034 Pale Blue (the one for Sukhoi Su30) .

Alain.

Super build

Can you imagine trying to steer it from the tail

Rodders

11 hours ago, colossusfr said:

The one indicated in the notice is too blue for me.

After different tries, I used AKAN 73034 Pale Blue (the one for Sukhoi Su30) .

Yes, one does wonder where they based that colour "advice" on... watching the episodes involving FireFlash through a blue filter perhaps.:speechless:

Thanks for your reply, I'll go with the Pale Blue!

Robert