mfh 1/24 ac a98

hello everyone

for my first post i ll start off small

it's my 1/24 scale MFH  ac a98

a fairly unknown car , but under the skin it is a 289 ac cobra

this was the entry for ac to race at le mans , when shelby did not want to part with a daytona coupe to race under the ac flag ,

so they build a coupe themselves

the car sadly crashed , and killed some people  during the race , , after that  the car was dismantled and the body was scrapped

in the 80's someone build a new car , with spare parts of the original race car ,

wpf489d814_zpspkvisymm.jpg

this is the "new " ac a98

some say this car was responsible for the speed limit on UK motorways , but this is a myth , as the speedlimit was put in  3 years after this car did a test run of 180 mph  om the M1 on a quiet sunday morning

img0746-w960_zpstbjjbos3.jpg

this is what you get , in 1/24 scale  for 140 euro ,, i know that is not much for that sort of money , and you may be right , but the only way i could get a model of this car , because no one makes this model

img0745-w960_zpsqtzgnvw7.jpg

Foto2990_zpsqv1rgocd.jpg

and after some paint , , decals , and some clearcoat , you have this

( yes you are seeing it right ,, there are 2 :idea: )

as i am messing about with resin and silicone  sice a few monthes , i tried my hand at making a copy of the body , as it is a resin cast model  i thought it should not be to hard to copy it , to see how the proces would go to cast a body  of a model car

so than there where 2

17357437_1436875312999567_1719024085_o_z

only problem i had was i was to impatient , so i bend the window frame , because i wanted to demold it to quickly , and the resin wasn't hardened enough

better  next time :-)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...