Help - Sea Hornet seat belt colours

I'm building the Special Hobby Sea Hornet for the De Havilland GB, and SH give a neat little etch with seat belts amongst other parts. I'd like to use them as with the cockpits being small and black they will lift things a little.

IMG_1686_zpsqmgozmvw.jpg

Does anyone know what colour they should be? I'm doing the NF21 variant. Thanks

Hi 825,

I hope this image is of some help. This is the cockpit of the Hornet, fitted out to Sea Hornet PR.22 specifications. You can see the harness colours clearly.

For your reference, as you are doing an NF.21, these yellow/blue gauges would not be there on the night fighter variant. In this position, you would have the Gyro Gun Sight (GGS). Also, note the winscreen A-frame is in red primer, the finished part will be matt black.

Sea%20Hornet%20PR22%20cockpit%20interior

In the second image you can see a seat back pad. This was sometimes a red-brown colour, and sometimes black leather.

Sea%20Hornet%20Seat.jpg

Edited by David A Collins
  • Like 2

David, thanks very much for these brilliant images. They are really helpful. I had assumed the seat would be metal and painted black.  Is it the same Bakelite material that Spitfire seats were made from? Irrespective of material , it will add, along with this he seat belts a bit of colour to an otherwise dark cockpit interior. 

Thanks again.