Hello from Southern England

Martin Ford

Hello everyone, my name is Martin, just wanted to say hello and thank you for allowing me to be a member of this wonderful forum.

Have been reading for a while now and love how polite and friendly everyone is.

Am 48 and got back into the hobby 2 years or so back, for the first time since the late 70s, apart from a couple of dabbles in between.

Was trying to think of a few words to describe the models Ive seen on here and find it hard to describe, I am in awe of some of them.

Am really enjoying the whole aspect of it, not just modelling but also reading magazines, learning about paints and weathering, searching for and buying certains tools, its all good.

Primarily I enjoy aeroplanes, but also like boats and tanks etc. Have recently made a few maybe slightly obscure planes, like a Bachem Natter and a Blohm and Voss BV 141 (I had to go and have a lie down after masking out the canopies for this one)

Am currently making a Horch German personnel car from ICM, which is quite fiddly, some of the parts cant be more than 1mm thick in diameter.

Anyway, thanks for reading and also providing me with some nice moments browsing and looking through this site, thank you.

Edited by Martin Ford
  • Like 2

Welcome to BM Martin. I'm a newbie myself, although like you I returned to modelling two years ago. And again, like you, I like aircraft – particularly unusual ones like the Natter and the 141. I'm normally too tight to buy canopy masks, but I did when I did the 141.

Hope to see some of your builds on here when you settle in.

Gorby

1 hour ago, Gorbygould said:

Welcome to BM Martin. I'm a newbie myself, although like you I returned to modelling two years ago. And again, like you, I like aircraft – particularly unusual ones like the Natter and the 141. I'm normally too tight to buy canopy masks, but I did when I did the 141.

Hope to see some of your builds on here when you settle in.

Gorby

Thank you my friend. I'll try to post some pics in the future.

May I ask where you got your masks from? Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Martin Ford said:

May I ask where you got your masks from?

Eduard do a huge range of masks and a quick search on Ebay usually brings up what you need. For my 141 I used masks from Montex, but I wasn't impressed with them, Eduard are more expensive, but better in my opinion.

Hello Martin, welcome to britmodeller. I hope you enjoy the forum. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Regards, Joe. 

Lol, yes, tell me about it. I have spells where I go a bit mad on there. 

Recently went into triple figures for a Wingnut Wings kit, then started panicking. Lost out at the last minute so consoled myself with a 1/48th scale B-1 Lancer. This is so big I can't get the box in my cupboard. It sits on the floor all large and foreboding.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fatboydim said:

Hello Martin, welcome to britmodeller. I hope you enjoy the forum. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Regards, Joe. 

Thank you Joe, that's very kind of you. I do enjoy it, very much already.

All the best.

• Like 1