Mildenhall 1994 New photos added!

stevej60

Hi folk's it's great seeing some older photo's as well as the newer ones here so as I was digging around the box of family photos I came

across a few surviving Milldenhall photo's from my first ever air show I think 1994(sadly it took me till age 34) Well Durham has always been an airshow

wasteland till the revival of the Sunderland one in recent year.s but you can't get this close.Sorry for the poor quality but this was pre-digital

and a mate lent me a camera which I had no idea how to use! I've simply photographed the photo's on the table which doesn't help.

DSCN4863_zpstshxjnvl.jpg

DSCN4873_zpsff263xok.jpg

DSCN4871_zpsigvtuvn7.jpg

DSCN4870_zpsikq2wrk8.jpg

DSCN4868_zps17inmgb8.jpg

DSCN4866_zpssb4yc6dr.jpg

DSCN4864_zpsjsvul1rn.jpg

I may have a few other's that survived if I find them I'll add them to this few.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Sadly there's a lot long lost which I remember such as the B1's Reluctant Dragon artwork,and the C5 with it's open ends!

Here's the rest and poorer quality ones I think the Tornado's were later in the year at Finningley.

DSCN4904_zpsy7cdosuf.jpg

DSCN4896_zpsmahsqicx.jpg

DSCN4898_zpsov9aotus.jpg

DSCN4897_zpss27fkvli.jpg

DSCN4899_zpsplvwjqjs.jpg

DSCN4900_zpssubhi16t.jpg

DSCN4901_zpskgiuomcq.jpg

DSCN4902_zpsqy1fzxnn.jpg

DSCN4903_zpsd9cqqbug.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

I was there with my family. Just luved the Tomcat as was the first,and last, time I was ever lucky enough to see one. Shame those days are forever behind us.

• Like 1

Thank's guy's as I said I had never been to an airshow before so to see these icon's up close was probably like a kid going to

Disney land nowadays Many years later I had a spell working weekdays in the Midlands and got a chance to visit Cosford and

Newark and see some real childhood icon's this time with a digital camera,I have the photos on a hard  drive if I can work out

how to do it I will post some of the better pics.

Thanks for the photos! Think this was one of the last Hall's I went to myself after 10 years.

Do miss those shows, and fond memories of the over enthusiastic car park marshalls (who made you feel as if they were parking a Tomcat on a carrier deck, and not a Cortina Mk V), and of course the endless supply of cool Budweisers, Polish Dogs and the yummy burgers dipped in that Mildenhall bar-b-que sauce!

I used to spend the week there, staying at a B&B in Beck Row, and did the arrivals days from the mound at the end of the runway. Seem to recall a F-15 going supersonic in a dive (well, the large boom must have had something to do with it), and the day the B-1 surprised the step ladder brigade on the mound (wasn't just Jack and Jill that fell down the hill that day!)

Sorely missed!

Best regards;
Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 1