Searching for model Harley Davidson DuoGlide

roginoz

In the high and far off days of my mis-spent yoof, must have been the late 50's, early 60's, I built a Harley Davidson DuoGlide, and I'm wondering if the kit is still around. Despite much internet searching, I haven't been able to track it down, so it's quite possibly been discontinued.

I took no notice of the brand [well, you didn't in those days], But I recall it must have been around the 1/9 size, comparing it in my mind to similar size bike models on my display shelf.

It comprised the traditional DuoGlide features, heavy chromed front forks with single headlight, chromed rear suspension covers and, from memory, a single seat, and it came with its own plinth. Red and chromed plastic sprues rings a far-off bell…….

I wonder if the combined Britmodeller brains trust can help me in my search, if only to assure me that I'm not imagining it…….

Thank you, folks, in eager anticipation

Rog

I see the kit on ebay  , its from Lindberg if I remember. Not really accurate in any sense of the word. But can be found if need be.

Sometimes it gets bid up by guys who dont know better.

I collect Harley kits and have ridden the bikes my whole life. I passed on this kit as it is an idea of a duo-glide , but barely like the real thing.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Never took much notice of its accuracy, Steve, in the days when DuoGlides in England were rarer than rocking horse  and there was nothing for comparison. The days when my "civilianised" WLA created much interest among fellow riders and even the police, the day when a real DuoGlide turned up at the Harley Club was greeted with much excitement.

Nowadays Harleys are two a penny here in Oz and no doubt the same in England, and accuracy of kits should be a no brainer.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind finding one to build, for old times sake, so I'll continue my search, now that I know the kit maker.

Thanks for your feedback and I'm enjoying your build of the Lo.

Cheers……Rog

Edited by Greg B
swearing removed

DuoGlides are rare as Harley transitioned to rear suspension from the HydraGlide (front hydraulic forks) and the rigid frames. Only a few years of that designation , moving to the ElectraGlide in 1965.

A number of small frame mods in the DuoGlide years makes for some tough research.

Lindberg could not have picked a more complicated subject!

And yes they are losing their value due the the stupid idea of building 250,000 bikes in one year flooding their own marklet. The Evo engine design helped a lot too.

Here is my last chopper , built in 2010:

101-0181_IMG.jpg

• Like 1