1/48 Sukhoi Su-30MKK "Flanker-G" HobbyBoss options

galaxygirl

So I have a general question for the group and those that know...

I have some of the Hobby boss 1/48 flanker series, Su-34, Su-27 Flanker B I am going to order the Su-30MKK and I was wondering what options for other than PLAAF variants are buildable from the kit. I don't want to make a Chinese version or at least paint scheme, I could cannibalize the decals from my Academy Su-30 kit but I have plans for that kit. also is anyone coming out with any upgrades for this series? and lastly is HB planning to release an Su-35/37 with canards series?  I have the SOL conversion kit for academy but that's a lot of work

thanks

A~ 

Edited by galaxygirl

If you are asking "out of box" then kit only has the PLAAF and NAVY versions and that is it. PLAN version (Su-30MK2) is all light gray so it is not classic PLAAF color. 

If you do not mind getting aftermarket decals, then you can build Su-30s from Russia, Algeria, Indonesia, Uganda, Venezuela and Vietnam very easily. 

For the canard variants there is no public plans from anyone. What we have is Su-33 from Kinetic which is AMAZING. 

• Like 1

Caracal decals do a couple of sheets for the Su-30MKK. As stated above you can do the following if you don't wish to do a Chinese scheme:

Vietnam

Indonesia

Venezuela 

Uganda

Russia 

I do have the Caracal sheet on order, 48089 - 1/48 Sukhoi Su-30MK/MKK Part 2, however I was wondering about airframe modifications too are any needed for the kit as issued to make... say the Russian one? I know I need to modify the left vertical stab intake to make it a bigger one only the Zvezda and Knetics Su-33 kit get this right as far as I know... Ill be replacing the seats but I don't think much else is available for upgrades/mods.

su30_3.jpg?fit=1490,693

I guess with what you pln to do you'll be fine. Maybe a Master pitot tube?

I guess there will be slight cockpit differences,but how far these are documented... 

Dream Model released some PE nozzles recently! Surely worth the expense if you are willing to put in some sweat and tears ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DM2041

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, exdraken said:

su30_3.jpg?fit=1490,693

I guess with what you pln to do you'll be fine. Maybe a Master pitot tube?

I guess there will be slight cockpit differences,but how far these are documented... 

Dream Model released some PE nozzles recently! Surely worth the expense if you are willing to put in some sweat and tears ;)

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/DM2041

Using Photo Etch would suck the life right out of me. We need decent resin nozzles and cans for the HobbyBoss kits....Aires are you reading this?

• Like 1

I'd say these are of the photos of the product, not any renders!

waiting on one of these kits myself...

a Venezuelan Flanker,  heavily armed would be an interesting option! 

18 hours ago, Blue_Centurion said:

Would you mind posting a photo or two of them?

Certainly...........

They come well packaged in a plastic tub with 3 individual zip lock bags inside-

20170412_175552.jpg

20170412_175804_001.jpg

20170412_175701.jpg

20170412_175829_001.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galaxygirl said:

Can't wait for mine... maybe in a month according to  Ebay. I'm currently working on my kinetic 1/48 Su-33

post from Russia can take its time lately....maybe you are lucky, and, I am sure you can install the nozzles when the rest is already finished! so, hurry up!

had to wait for~ 2months for a kit last year, when obviously the customs department of Russian post was on summer holiday...

how is the Su-33 building? it surely looks very impressive in the box! any pictures to share?

I wonder how these 2 kits compare build quality and detail wise!

I just started 2 days ago, haven't even put any color on the instrument panel switches yet..

KMC resin seat, Airscale decals, don't worry it will look way better soon.

. 20170408-215021_orig.jpg

20170412-190656_orig.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 2:24 PM, exdraken said:

just curious, any updates? @galaxygirl

Hello, it's a very slow model time for me... Hopefully it will pick up soon. I've done a little work on my HB Su-34, and my A-Model 1/72 Mi-10. 

• Like 1