Airfix Old Blenheim - Free French - some more pictures

Hello All,

I've been plodding along with the old Airfix Blenheim here. Changes included: modified fin and rudder, modified nacelles, re-scribed bomb bay and ailerons, scratchbuilt cockpit, Falcon cockpit glazing, spare new Airfix turret, spare MPM turret guns, crew from the spares box, hand-painted markings, and lots of other odds and ends. I've just finished weathering it and took some pictures this afternoon. Blowing the propellers round whilst trying to take pictures at the same time is surprisingly hard...

Full desert (well, South London anyway) sunlight:

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5766.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

And a couple of shady ones:

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 54

Very taken with that indeed Adrian. I love the angle and the lighting on the 2nd photo down, both on the shapes of the aircraft itself, but also the glimpses of the crew it affords in the interior.

Really smashing work in that scheme.

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Adrian,

end result to be proud of!

I command you on your roundel painting ability. It makes the model look even more authentic.

Congrats

JR

• Like 1

You`ve really cleaned the old girl up and done a fantastic job,......beautiful Blenheim Adrian,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous :).

It looks mean and menacing; something that you've done to the nacelles reallly works; huge improvement.

I like that you've used a traditional Airfix stand :thumbsup2: 

100% nostalgia with 100% improvement on the original

kit.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

I think my old effort at this us in a box in my Dad's loft to this day...it should probably stay there....this one is gorgeous! Very nicely done and nicely updated.

Ian

• Like 1

Always love to see these old Airfix kits brought up to a modern standard with some good old fashioned modelling skills.

This was one omy favourite kits/schemes, I remember making it about 40 odd years ago!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Very impressive Adrian. Enjoyable build thread too, and love the extra detailing. Must agree with Tony's post above, the second photo is superb, great lighting and angle, plus you get to see the crew inside the cockpit.

• Like 1