sim game thread on them

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=35549&page=5

has this youtube

HTH

T

Aha 

Thanks again troy. 

Hi guys 

Have been busy beavering away on the Emil. I've now got some paint on and wanted to share what it's looking like. 

The model air paints do brush on alright actually. They're thin enough not to need additional thinner and they do cover surprisingly well. Although there are 2/3 coats of the blue and grey and the nose took around 7 to get it looking solid. In truth i lost count. 

20170411_172253_zpszptbsegf.jpg

The majority of colours are on at this point. I masked up for the camouflage 

20170411_215743_zpsvvkdvmig.jpg

After giving the colours some thought I decided to go with the colours I had bought for this project and went with RLM71. I know.its not entirely accurate but I think it looks ok

20170412_102128_zpsi0ooiu92.jpg

A front on view 

20170412_102135_zpswizbmbk2.jpg

And t'other side 

20170412_102142_zpsxr9icnke.jpg

I've applied a gloss coat to the upper surfaces and the sides so so that's now drying. 

I've made a start on the prop, rudder and flaps too so they will get primed and painted shortly. 

Stickers next though 

• Like 2

On 08/04/2017 at 10:22, Antb said:

Nice and easy build I'm not brave enough to scratch build and add extra bits here and there especially at this scale and in such a small aircraft. I'm amazed just how small a 109 is though. I though the P51 I build was tiny but blimey this is small. They must have been hard for the RAF pilots to hit. 

looking good Ant

one query,  how come you have left off the leading edge cannon ports, I have memories of them needing at least some blending in.

see pics  here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/message/1278814512

I really recommend shortening the UC legs, it's not hard, and if you don't the plane will look like it's up on tip toe.

As for the cockpit ,  yep, it's tiny,  I went to RAF Hendon 'open cockpit' evening  last year, and to to  look into the  pit of 'Black 6'  and it was really as small, it was not for the claustrophobic.

cheers

T

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

looking good Ant

one query,  how come you have left off the leading edge cannon ports, I have memories of them needing at least some blending in.

see pics  here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/message/1278814512

I really recommend shortening the UC legs, it's not hard, and if you don't the plane will look like it's up on tip toe.

As for the cockpit ,  yep, it's tiny,  I went to RAF Hendon 'open cockpit' evening  last year, and to to  look into the  pit of 'Black 6'  and it was really as small, it was not for the claustrophobic.

cheers

T

Thanks Troy appreciate the comments 

Re the legs yep I'm going to do some proper modelling and shorten them. Doesn't seem difficult to do so it will be done. 

As for the leading edge cannon parts that was an oversight on my part. I've checked the fit and they fit really well with no filler or sanding required. Thank fully. Seems I got away with it. 

But yeh, I completely forgot about them 

Thanks for the interest Troy it's nice to get some feedback

• Like 1

Hi guys 

I've got quite a bit of work done in the past few days. This is where the Emil is at as of this evening 

20170415_173905_zpswm22zzvl.jpg

Second gloss coat is drying then it's on with a wash and weathering. I know Emils around this period were still fresh so the weathering will be very minimal. 

Props painted the yellow just needs another couple of coats. Bombs built and wash drying too. 

The UC legs will be shortened and I'm even thinking like a modeller and thinking of adding a brake line or two. I know check me out getting adventurous ha ha. 

Not far off done now. I seem to have got through this build PDQ and I don't know how. 

Ta for now 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, allyby said:

Nice work, it's looking great and the custard nose looks good enough to eat!

Ha thanks mate 

10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow! That was quick, looking great on it too. :clap2:

johnny

Thanks john, 

ive done some proper modelling. Pics to follow but I've shortened the legs and added brake lines to them too. First attempt ever doing something like that and have to say I think it's the way forward. 

Have a great Easter Sunday 

• Like 1

I finally plucked up the courage to do some proper modelling and taking troys advice shortened the UC legs. 

Here they are marked up having been measured for cutting 

20170415_205805_zpsl1zgb1tc.jpg

Chop

20170415_205937_zpskuwdctup.jpg

And having chopped along the second line were left with this 

20170415_210214_001_zpsvamltka2.jpg

The fit between the two parts was excellent and didn't need any cleaning other than a swipe with a fine sanding stick. 

The mold lines on these were terrible so they got cleaned up and I added some brake lines. 

These were added using some thin wire the wife bought a few years ago to make wire Christmas trees but never got around to it. I've snaffled it as it seems to work well for modelling brake lines. 

Added super glue to fix the wire on and we have this 

20170415_212008_zpscdoh0gx8.jpg

Once the super glue had set the wire got trimmed and primed. 

Not very adventurous but you've got to start somewhere. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

Nice job, Looks like a nice kit.

Cheers,

Andy

Thank you Andy. It has it's moments but nothing major so it's a pretty nice build to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Tony Oliver said:

Those decals look fab mate B)

Good work on shortening the legs. Built one of these a while back (long sold on) and never did that so kudos to you pal 👍🏿

Cheers mate. The decals settled really well. Look alright don't they. The 4 shows a slight wrinkle but I can live with it. 

Here's a shot of the UC legs now I've painted and weathered. Let me know what you think

20170416_175400_zpsr49nmuzx.jpg

20170416_175351_zpsohgq09xh.jpg

And with that's she's about done. 

I'm not going to pretend it's a great build or that I'm a great modeller cos I know I'm not. But I enjoy it and that's good enough for me. 

Final pics to be added when the light improves as it's chucking down here. 

Need to decide what to do next. Both 1/48 I have an airfix hurricane and an Eduardo bf110c with all the trimmings. I do have a 1/24 tiffie but I'm not brave enough to tackle painting that without and airbrush! 

Cheers guys 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sithman said:

Don't sell yourself short!

It looks great!!!

Good work!

Cheers sithman 

Hi guys 

The Emil is complete. Added to RFI link is here thanks for your interest in this build. 

3 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Brilliant work on the UC. For a first attempt at surgery I think you get top marks.:lol: looking forward to the RFI, headed there now. ;)

great build. Bravo.:yes:

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny 

• Like 1