Little Rascal...1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24

My dad didn´t pay enough attention when he attached the front cowl and it became misaligned. So he cut it off again and glued it back on in the correct position. To cover the knife scars he has to fill and sand the joint again.

DSC_0002_zpsdjwwgzta.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsdha6rmii.jpg

2 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Good recovery on the cowl!  Nice little "rata".   Do you know what markings you will use?

Gonna do the box art scheme.

Some discussion about the colour, some say a factory applied winter camo, but don´t think so, also not a light grey, would be very unusual. Our best guess concurs with the ICM instructions, to say it´s painted completely in silver/aluminium.

shiny livery applied with Tamiya X-32 Titanium SIlver, but the problem with these fine pigmented metal colours is that you see everything that´s underneath...gotta do some filling and painting again

DSC_0001_zpsx5a4papy.jpg

DSC_0002_zpskansgfpa.jpg

• Like 1

filling, sanding and repainting done, but it doesn´t look good, don´t know what to do, make it dirty so you don´t see all the reworked areas, or doing a different scheme...

DSC_0001_zpstimzbjcw.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsnzpizs8v.jpg

The model hasn´t made it further, my dad wasn´t happy anymore how it looked after all the reworking and trashed it. :weep:

He will build "Red 21" someday in the future again.