New Tool RAF NA Harvard II kits in 1:72

viscount806x

I contacted CMR the other day to ask what the projected time scale was regarding their previously announced RAF Harvard II kits. The answer was that they probably wouldn't now happen since a new injection kit was imminent from "another manufacturer".

Anybody here heard anything?

Nige B

Graham mentioned a Wirraway with a bit of TLC could (relatively speaking) be coaxed into a Harvard I without too much fuss.  It's just what I plan to do using the Falcon Harvard canopy, which incidentally is intended for the Heller kit.  But another hurdle in any Mk.I conversion has to be the squared-off rudder.  Other than trying to scratch a new one ... I'm open to suggestions. However, the ultimate solution would be for a Harvard Mk.I to be released.  :)

Scott

Edited by Scott Hemsley

You could simply glue an extension to the bottom of the original.  One slightly more sophisticated way would be to remove the bottom from both halves of the rudder, but at different heights so that you got an overlap to improve the strength.  Then all it takes is a bit of cutting, sanding and filing.  Somewhat tedious but not exactly A-level stuff.  Alternatively, as I do have one such rudder in my box of bits it must have come from somewhere - I think it is from the BT-9/NJ-1 boxing of the Azur NA57?

The other thing I didn't mention are the leading edge slats, but they were not on all Mk.1 aircraft at all times.  On some members of the BT-9 family too - BT-9C?

PS I don't recommend you look for the NJ-1 release.  Yes it gives you a spare rudder, but by now the canopies will be a deeply unattractive shade of yellow, and they are a different design again.  Not available anywhere.

Edited by Graham Boak