Airfix Be2c

This is my second build of this great kit.  The new tool Be21c falls together and is a joy to build.  The model was painted in MM enamels and rigged with .005 Ethicon surgical stainless steel wire.  All markings are from the kit and reacted so-so with MicroScale setting solutions.  This is model #14 for the year.  I need a break, however I am expecting the new Airfix Hurricane1 and the Percival Provost in today's mail.  

I hope you enjoy my latest.

IMG_1876_zpspqnuddid.jpg

IMG_1877_zpssh6drcwc.jpg

IMG_1878_zpsygz056wl.jpg

IMG_1879_zpsiimwecus.jpg

• Like 39

Gerrardandrews...if they would re-tool some of their WW1 stuff it would probably sell like mad.  Nobody did what they did in that scale.  Nobody had a Walfish or an Re8 in 1/72.  Everybody did the "top ten".. Fokker DVII, Triplane, Spad etc.  I think there is potential in releasing some re-tooled WW1.  Eduard has also walked away from WW1 in this scale.  They could end up being the only game in town.  I know lots of modelers that would buy it.

• Like 1

Les,

Very nice work! I really liked your PC10 mix, too! Outstanding model- sure do hope Airfix gives us some more WW1 and between-the-wars biplanes with this quality and accuracy!

Mike

Thanks Mike...the color is MM Earth Gray.  MM also makes a Russian earth gray which is a few shades lighter than this.  I did an Airfix Handley Paige 0400 in it many years ago.  I only build 1/72 scale a/c.

Thanks for your positive comment.

Les

Lovely model, the rigging looks superb.

Regarding more WW1 subjects from Airfix, didn't they say that the BE2c and Eindecker were a trial to see if the market was there?

Looks like they didn't sell enough, which is a shame.

John.

• Like 1

Nicely done, Sir!

Always great to see one of these built up, but this one is a treat.

I second your wish that Airfix re-tool some of their Great War offerings. A new Pup would be wonderful, so would a SPAD VII. And of course a fresh go at the R.E. 8....

• Like 1

Hi,

I had no idea Airfix had done a new tool of the plane.... I'll join the club!

Great build all around!

JR

• Like 1

Many thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Spitfire...the build itself took about two days mainly because of painting and gloss coating.  The rigging was done in a little better than an hour.  I was distracted several times with "honey-do" chores.  

A very good build indeed. How long has it taken for this aircraft to appear in this scale by a mainstream kit maker? One of the most numerous RFC types in the mid-years of WW1 and no kit! Problem of course is that it has two wings and a fan at the front - and oh yes rigging! So it does not sell. Such a shame.

Hopefully others will see this and change their minds….?

P

• Like 1

Very nicely done! I have noticed more WWI types being built on the forum lately, let's hopoe that trend continues.....

Ian 

• Like 3

On 04/04/2017 at 11:19 PM, Les Moore said:

Gerrardandrews...if they would re-tool some of their WW1 stuff it would probably sell like mad.  Nobody did what they did in that scale.  Nobody had a Walfish or an Re8 in 1/72.  Everybody did the "top ten".. Fokker DVII, Triplane, Spad etc.  I think there is potential in releasing some re-tooled WW1.  Eduard has also walked away from WW1 in this scale.  They could end up being the only game in town.  I know lots of modelers that would buy it.

Hear hear. I'm specializing in WW1 1/72 and would like to see more re-tools. There are some nice old kits out there though - the old Revells are salvageable and the Airfix Roland CII is  a great model for beginners as its easy to paint and rig.

• Like 2