"A" vark

Hewy

Thanks Adrian, just time consuming, it did come close to being filed on the shelf though :waiting: got quite a bit done this morning maybe a gloss coat tomorrow cheers

Glynn

Mocked up the work so far ,i have to repaint the black on the undersides,when i demasked it the isopropyl that i used to strip the paint after the mini disaster has made a bit of a mess ,but barring some minor assembly I'm not far off

20170515_163507_zpsq01hcmgz.jpg

20170515_163453_zps8tongsok.jpg

20170515_163423_zpsmvgydyns.jpg

Cheers

Glynn

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Wow Glynn that is looking really fantastic, very realistic finish. Glad you ditched that crappy paint! Look forward to more.

By your command david the latest installment :ner:,

• Like 1

^_^ :clap2:

Glynn, stick that on a proper base and a little weathering, it will look real! Sorry if I missed it, but will you be sticking some bombs on this?

(Really wish I did this GB too now)

Edited by mirageiv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mirageiv said:

^_^ :clap2:

Glynn, stick that on a proper base and a little weathering, it will look real! Sorry if I missed it, but will you be sticking some bombs on this?

(Really wish I did this GB too now)

I will david 12 mk 82 's, i fully intend to weather it too, cheers 

Glynn

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bendinggrass said:

That is a beautiful paint job.

Thanks although there is still time to make a pigs ear of it

19 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Love the subtle fading.  :coolio:

Hey cheers sgt, they were clean and well maintained aircraft , and to be honest  the new paint was a dream i basically couldn't  fail :o,,although somtimes i am prone to going ott,

I've  done quite a bit today whilst being off work due to meteorological extremes,,but the photos will have to wait till tomorrow now,  thanks for your comments 

Glynn

That look great Glynn, silky smooth looking paint job! You'll be happy you stuck with it now.

Muzz

• Like 1

On 2017-5-20 at 15:28, Muzz said:

That look great Glynn, silky smooth looking paint job! You'll be happy you stuck with it now.

Muzz

I am muzz ,cheers I've been doing the hardly seen time consuming bits along with completly repainting the black on the undersides and the nose, I've fitted the landing gear and built up the pylons and the bombs, only the rear wings to fit,and whtever else I've missed

Cheers

Glynn

20170521_175829_zpspyulrnve.jpg

20170521_175446_zps81hbqsu2.jpg 

20170521_182102_zps1giqfs7i.jpg

20170521_181637_zps7suvsqsg.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks rich ,got a bit of a job on though, after having to repaint the undersides due to isopropyl leeching under the masking it got in the intakes as well, as you may have noticed no white, I'm in two minds ,attempt it with the hairy stick (not confident it'll turn out right)  or a masking job ,more time consuming, slightly edging toward the masking up at the minute

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

gosh she looks nice!!! You've done a fantastic job on her!!! I love it!

,,thanks again 

Glynn

13 hours ago, Bendinggrass said:

Really a beautiful job.

thank you very much

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

The weapons load is almost a kit in itself! Looking good...

Regards,

Adrian 

they are indeed adrian each B,R,U, and bombs total 26 parts, and impossible to do in one sitting, but very stress relieving all the same ,

thanks glynn

26 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Looking superb Glynn, love the bomb load and the weathering done on them. How did you do the paint chipping on them? You are making another stunner, again! :clap2:

David. 

Thanks david ,its only  that vallejo metal colors  that craig uses, seems to be made for dry brushing and applying with a brush whith only two or three bristles left on ,  i really like it, it comes  through the air brush really well too un thinned 

• Like 1

The trial continues, I've  applied some stencils, and the decals, and I've  given the top and sides a spray with halfords satin laquer to seal the decals in  ill let that dry and attach the hardware,  i know the eagle eyed amongst you will notice most of them are from "A" but thats what i had and there wasn't many on the aftermarket sheet i had, not far away now ,

Cheers 

Glynn

20170605_160603_zpsxibfwouc.jpg

20170605_1605120_zps6js5tkpj.jpg

20170605_160454_zpsdho1vfyi.jpg

• Like 5