A big pair of Bristols

Actually, three.

Firstly, my favourite of the trio, a Blenheim I courier, on the Gibraltar-Malta run.  Base kit, but with the turret removed and a load of filler inserted.

17796109_1649614955054998_90486202270673

Next, a Blenheim If, used for attacking Italian ports by night post Tarranto raid, saying "We know where you are and can get you at any time."  Base kit but with the addition of a set of resin sand filters.  Really, given the middle east setting, the courier should have got them too.

17760039_1649614925055001_28296958796933

Finally, a Blenheim If in a nightfighter/intruder scheme with 54 OTU.  Basically, I just wanted to see what a Blenheim would look like in a non-Night scheme.  Not too pleased with it but it's not that bad and I think I'll live with it.

17523541_1649614951721665_49727095913458

Photos: Rob Sullivan

• Like 25

Very nice indeed, all three. 

Is this the Airfix kit? If so I'm wondering if you've toned down/filled the panel lines? If not then Airfix have done a nice restrained job on this one :).

I like the surface finish you have achieved, very fine. Very nice paintwork.

The courier is extremely nice :thumbsup2: 

:goodjob: 

TonyT

All from the Frog/Novo/Whoever kit.

Steve, the courier - like the other two - are just whiffs.  Sorry to suck you into my subtle brand of whiffing. :evil_laugh:  I don't doubt that there were courier units but not using Blenheims, AFAIK.

Nice! I like the Malta run one especially - you can really see how sleek and fast the Blenheim was designed to be (X many years earlier). Reminds me of this...

bristol-mercury-engine.jpg

• Like 2