Italeri 1/48 Mirage F1 CT/CR

Slater

Good fit, good shapes

Detail is a bit sparse though, but much aftermarket out there to improve it!

Some say better than the much more recent Ktity Hawk kit.

What version do you want to build?

20 hours ago, Slater said:

I'm looking at the CT variant.

for a CT you'd have to modify (more or less shorten) the refueling probe as it is much too long and therefor looks a bit funny,..

get a new cockpit if you display it open, (Neomega Resin would be my preferred choice, but any is a big improvement over the spares kit :))

The main accuracy issue of the Esci/Italeri kit is the excessive width of the windscreen. There may be other problems but to me that large windscreen is what ruins the shape of the model.

Can't comment on fit, only built the 1/72 little brother (that itself suffers from an oversized canopy)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

The main accuracy issue of the Esci/Italeri kit is the excessive width of the windscreen. There may be other problems but to me that large windscreen is what ruins the shape of the model.

Can't comment on fit, only built the 1/72 little brother (that itself suffers from an oversized canopy)

If that is a major concern to you, there is a conversion from renaissance-flight including a new front fuselage and wings with deployable slats and flaps. Of course a new canopy as well !