Day at the Ranges

Inspired by havoc's model of italeri's 109 FFR Land Rover i decided to have a go myself. I liked this kit and enjoyed the build and simple base scenery.

The story is of a crew who are on a range day but have been tasked with closing a track to the public for safety before their turn on the range.

First some photos of the weathering to the chassis.

IMG_9369_zpsb4t9ytbd.jpg

IMG_9370_zps4gq4tyj1.jpg

IMG_9375_zpsyvz7fu7o.jpg

• Like 6

In case anyone is wondering the tow chain came from an idea when I was delivering a new window winder set to a local garage.

I asked the mechanic to cut a length of wire off the broken one, it just looked right to add to my stash for future use.

Very nice work on the Landrover. Great weathering.

It's always a shame when the undersides of vehicles have been made to look fantastic with all that dirt, rust, oil, etc, and then they have to be fixed to a base so it will never be seen. Having said that, as a teen I 'crashed' an SAS jeep into a diorama ditch, just so I could show the underside, which in my opinion was the best view!

Just an idea, but can you find some suitable figures for the diorama? I think they would really seal the deal.

Rearguards,

Badder.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Badder said:

Very nice work on the Landrover. Great weathering.

It's always a shame when the undersides of vehicles have been made to look fantastic with all that dirt, rust, oil, etc, and then they have to be fixed to a base so it will never be seen. Having said that, as a teen I 'crashed' an SAS jeep into a diorama ditch, just so I could show the underside, which in my opinion was the best view!

Just an idea, but can you find some suitable figures for the diorama? I think they would really seal the deal.

Rearguards,

Badder.

Totally agree that it needs at least one if not two figures, so I have been searching and found KFS do two around that time in 1:24. They are overalls rather than combats but better than nothing. That cup of tea needs someone to drink it lol.

Just got to get around to ordering them, if anyone knows of any other suitable 1:24 figures I would appreciate the heads up.

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, DAG058 said:

Love it! Very nice work. Just needs some range stew to finish it off. 

Yes, I was wondering where the Norgie full of tea and the horror bags were.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, goggsy said:

Spot on that, I can almost taste the "Panda Pops" from here.

And the cheese possessed and ham butties.  Cracking model.

• Like 2

Having been in a few FFRs and on a couple of ranges (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, and with slightly different lingo) I really like this!

As to figures,  well the poor grunt is probably just on the other side of the nearest tree, having had one brew too many.

DennisTheBear

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That really is fantastic the weathering and such is done just perfect not too much, and it's always amazing what a well made base can add to a scene too, even a small vignette (no disrespect, I can see this took long and a lot of effort) like this is just brilliant.

• Like 1