Port Victoria P.V.4

After many months of searching for info on this one off prototype,i only ever came across two images, from which i have made up a 3 view plan in 1/72 scale,With only the wingspan known ,in order to scratch build this aircraft, to the best of my ability. So here it is finally finished.

pv4%20side%20view%20edited_zpsewl1abfa.j[/URL]

pv4%20front%201-4%20view%20IMGP4680_zpsg[/URL]

pv4%20front%201-4%20view%20upper%20IMGP4[/URL]

pv4%20rear%20upper%20view%20crew%20IMGP4[/URL]

pv4%20rear%20view%20crew%20IMGP4687_zpsj[/URL]

pv4%20upper%20view%20IMGP4688_zpsvydjgvr[/URL]

pv4%20upper%20view%20IMGP4689_zpst2r09hh[/URL]

Lastly a couple of period shots! taken from a similar angle to the only known images i could find.

pv4%20side%20view%20vintage%2001_zpszxho[/URL]

pv4%20front%201-4%20view%20vintage%2001_[/URL]

That means i have now completed the P.V.1, P.V.2, P.V.4, P.V.7 and P.V.8, leaving the P.V.2BIS, P.V.5 ,P.V.5A and P.V.9 to go.

• Like 27

Very cool bit of Proper Modelling! I always like the more obscure (and often Searle-like) early aviation devices occasionally built by Chris Peachment on ARC; it takes no small amount of skill and vision to realise this kind of subject.

Wonderful modelling skills on display here.

A great subject, nicely built, thoughtfully displayed and nicely photographed.

Certainly a job well done.

I'd love to see the rest of the P.V. family similarly displayed

This is really a cool little model you have scratched up.  I am always amazed at the talent shown on this site by people being able to create little works of art from basic raw materials.  Superb job on a plane I have never heard of.

Hi Guy's, thanks for your kind comments, i will post some images of the other port victoria builds i have completed to date, as soon as time allows. as for the future when all are finnished i hope to display them together in one setting.

Well done for tackling such a project, you have done well, it certainly is one of those weird and wonderful looking aircraft, additionally not many of us if any can tell you if it is right or wrong....

I really do like it and appreciate the work you have put into doing it....great sense of achievement I am sure

Ali

Totally agree with the others - lovely to see one of these odd-ball aircraft being modeled and with so little information to go on. Excellent scratch building - those monocoque fuselages are not the easiest to get right but you have.

P