1/12 Tamiya Yamaha RZ/RD350 Valentino Rossi

Hi guys, well I have the final reveal for the Yamaha and rider, it was not the model I set out to build but as the decals were beyond use I went for a Kenny Roberts replica. These colours were all the rage back in the 80's, building the rider caused a load more work, but I am happy with how it turned out, it's a fantasy "what if" build really, however I had a blast with it!

15M6JgL.jpg
CFtsd4V.jpg
2uOpHYm.jpg
uh30L6z.jpg
8auxIp0.jpg
FdF4Wpc.jpg
eW8QNr1.jpg
5YaAdhX.jpg
zKB6ljL.jpg
O0vlLRG.jpg
uHcTiXC.jpg
qghiOy3.jpg
Jxdo8Md.jpg
TesA0BA.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 5

On 03/04/2017 at 23:04, AngstROM said:

Huge WOW...the only thing I never really liked about the Elsie was the squirly 'Italic' wheels -but you even made them look brilliant! :thumbsup:

Spon1.jpg

Thanks for the kind reply, love that picture of the Micron pipes, I am sure that pic appeared in a copy of Motorcycle Mechanics around 1982!?

Edited by Lee Chambers

2 hours ago, Lee Chambers said:

Thanks for the kind reply,i am sure that pic appeared in a copy of Motorcycle Mechanics around 1982???!!

Not Maniacs, I think...might have been a rather ambitious rag called Which Bike. 1982 sounds spot-on though...I recall their 'RD500LC' April issue gag that year! :nah: (Their modelling skills are OK, but not a patch on yours!)

Edited by AngstROM

11 minutes ago, AngstROM said:

Not Maniacs, I think...might have been a rather ambitious rag called Which Bike. 1982 sounds spot-on though...I recall their 'RD500LC' April issue gag that year! :nah: (Their modelling skills are OK, but not a patch on yours!)

Yes that does ring a distant bell in my old memory banks LOL!

On 04/04/2017 at 11:20, The Cameraman said:

Wonderful model and figure.

I reckon that Valle's been on the pasta a bit!

The machine pose is exactly what I'd expect from an Elsie.

Yep too much pasta and vino!,I really really did try to lose his waistline,but kept going through the styrene as it's hollow of course,i honestly think Tamiya based their prone rider on a 5 pints of beer per day brit biker!LOL.

• Like 1

On 5 April 2017 at 10:34 PM, Lee Chambers said:

Yep too much pasta and vino!,I really really did try to lose his waistline,but kept going through the styrene as it's hollow of course,i honestly think Tamiya based their prone rider on a 5 pints of beer per day brit biker!LOL.

Hi Lee,

that sounds like me to a 'T'!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/12 Tamiya Yamaha RZ/RD350 Valentino Rossi