Crisis, What Crisis? (1/72 AZ Gloster Gauntlet)

Lifted paint?

pffft!

Schmiffted paint.

A mere bagatelle.

The important thing is that you're back, running the Gauntlet...

Tony

• Like 2

Nice to see the greeny brown loveliness of RAF cam Sir Ed, a bugger about the primer

I never know whether to or not. 😱

Hoping your steamy modelling paradise tempts you back a little more each day

Soon get your mojo working

All well, we hope on the domestic front

Winston in full 'learning tolerance to humanity at an accelerating pace mode 'no doubt

And Milady PC serenely passing through any minor crises

In our world, we really need a definitive USE THIS PRIMER adjudication, we might all rest easy before masking then...

😷

• Like 3

Welcome back PC,

Come on, I stop using blu tack, some paint (Xtracrylics) tend to blend in and making a more gluing sh..that get on the other side.

I ruined two Spit camo with it, getting the blu tack out, sanding and paint again. :wtf:

In some sort, that exactly what modelling is about, getting through problems of all kind..

One can say that making models is a good school for life in any area of our modern life.

Hope that everything run well at home, and glad to see you back.

As I get in London and Porstmouth next month, I'll take the liberty to transmit your salutations to Sir Horatio Nelson :ner:

Have a nice Modelling day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

You're back! And so is Stew Dapple! :D

[gravelly 1980s cop voice] Every time we think we're out, they pull us back in!

NB, my actual voice is fairly high and nasal, by Midwestern standards, as may be heard here:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Man, I'd be freaked out by that robot thing... *shudder*

Winston's not a fan of the "wobota", as he calls it, but Mrs. P no longer has to sweep the house every night and can kick back and relax in the evenings. ("Couldn't you sweep the house, Edward?" I hear you ask. Well, that's why I bought the robot. So I would not have to.)

• Like 10

It's very good to see you back PC :)

The Gauntlet is an attractive little aircraft, yours is looking resplendent now with the first pass of camouflage.

Alclad white primer didn't work at all well for me in humid QLD, yet behaves a little better (a little) here further south (i.e. closer to Antarctica, cooler, dry).

I tend to leave it on the shelf now and look for something else. I took CedB's tip and must say that Stynylrez can be superb :thumbsup2: 

Looking forward to some top wing action and maybe a little rigging?

Welcome back :bye: 

TonyT

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Looking forward to some top wing action and maybe a little rigging?

Tony, please, this is a family site.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Glad you're back Mr P. Yup the robot is a little scary though. 

I fully expect to be saying things like "Alexa [or Siri], spare my family," in ten years.

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, CedB said:

Be careful PC that Winston doesn't get near Alexa - she'll lead him into bad things if this clip is anything to go by (adults only click here)

:o

:frantic: 

• Like 2

Alexa or Siri ??

Still prefer Alexa, she seem to bit more hilarious than Siri...

Winston is may be impressed today, but who knows, tomorrow, he would perhaps knowing how the whole stuff is working...

And completely dismantle that poor wobota !!

Who know ???

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Welcome back, young gentleman of the Mid West. I look forward to my daily dose of education, fun and enlightenment. And some modelling too. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2017 at 1:37 AM, Procopius said:

[gravelly 1980s cop voice] Every time we think we're out, they pull us back in!

NB, my actual voice is fairly high and nasal, by Midwestern standards, as may be heard here:

Nay sir, you're way to hard on yourself. Nicely modulated & warm natured was how it came over. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 9:57 PM, Procopius said:

I fully expect to be saying things like "Alexa [or Siri], spare my family," in ten years.

Make sure that as Winston grows up has a friend he can send back through time to combat the rise of the machines and spare us all...

If it's any consolation PC, in the course of my working life the majority of people I've met who seem to truly love how their voice sounds recorded have been tedious narcissists at root. A good nasal whine can be a healthy sign of self-awareness - at least that's what I keep telling myself in a nasal inner voice...

Tony

• Like 4

Hello PC,

Better not to listen to me, Full nasal, as my ancestors gave me a clearly trompet shaped nose,

Wich I pass to my kids :blink:

I first learned English with military peoples from Florida

Just to give you an idea of my accentuation...

And keep Learning with farmers from Ireland ( Some lessons were given in the Pub )

So no times for self destruction, there's always worst somewhere !

I make myself to be proud about my English-Murcan teachers !

And I also passed it to my daughter which is making a good use of it !

Also nasal voiced, not to mention when we are recorded, kinda like the real Donald Duck, funny...

Have a nice modelling day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 5

Yes indeed, welcome back. You've been absent for almost as long as I have, but you don't have age or innumerable medical conditions to blame. Parenting doesn't count you see, so let's commence with some serious modelling. I'm actually at my bench for the first time in at least a month - it feels good! Although not as good as having young Master Winston ride that robot - has he tried? I'm sure with your skills you'd be an excellent saddler.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 3

So the bench is currently a bit of a mess:

36116450105_677d120dca_k.jpg20170723_153721 by Edward IX, on Flickr

I did rehome some kits, sort of, in an old chest once owned by one of my great-uncles, allegedly his footlocker from his time in the army; I suspect that if that's even true, it's had a hell of a repaint since:

35276009734_ea8c477f59_k.jpg20170723_153729 by Edward IX, on Flickr

I unmasked the underside of the Gauntlet (it's been so long, I literally could not remember what aircraft I was building for a second there):

36116443535_871b82accd_k.jpg20170723_153754 by Edward IX, on Flickr

As you can see, the starboard elevator needs some touching up, which will be fun, I'm sure.

Torrential rains have continued this week, and the poor old grotto is being dehumidified, since right now bachtrachian Dagon would feel fairly comfortable in its moist environs.

4 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Although not as good as having young Master Winston ride that robot - has he tried?

Yes, but unfortunately he's already reached that quantum state some toddlers achieve: light enough to pick up, heavy enough that you wouldn't want to. As a result, the robot hunkered down in place and beeped protestingly. 

Yesterday the future President of the World threw his food on the ground and informed Mrs P that "bugs will eat it". True, but not desirable.

• Like 10

The bench - yes! Bit of a tidy and you'll be back in no time.

Gladiator? Bit of touching up and you'll soon be feeling yourself again PC (fnaar fnaar!)

Crikey, that's a lot of Spitfires... let's see, one, two, four, six... lots! They're crying out for some PC treatment and we're waiting to see it! :) 

• Like 1