Crisis, What Crisis? (1/72 AZ Gloster Gauntlet)

On 5/21/2017 at 4:39 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

At school we we were divided into four 'houses', I think this was common in British schools at the time. Each competed to be the best for a soecial''assembly' at the end of each month, each term.

Each had the name of an inspirational individual. One was American in origin 'Roosevelt', I was rather proud to be in 'Bader'. I have honestly forgotten the names of the other two.....

Scott, Hunt, Drake and Nelson in my school. I was in Scott, he's still my favourite!

Ian

• Like 2

When I was in school in Birmingham, when I was 12, we had houses with the names of the royal lineages..Stewart, Tudor, etc. Being a Yank, they didn't know what to do with me and stuck me in Plantagenet. I had no clue... but corporal punishment was new!

• Like 1

On 20 May 2017 at 9:36 PM, Procopius said:

I still have zero mojo, honestly. But I try and peek in every now and then.

I hope it'll come back PC, because I always enjoy your builds, but we'll be here waiting.

• Like 1

Hope it returns to you mate. I'm having a bit of a lull in mojo at the mo, it happens but once you're back in the right head space all will come back to you! 

Good luck

Rob

p.s. I've always found Robert to be a cracking name ;) ... it means famous... not that I am ... but there's always time! Or Montgomery, it means hill of power!

Edited by rob85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stew Dapple said:

Ooh! PZL P.7 by any chance?

Ha, I'm not quite that big of a gun (but I'll be getting myself one of those, don't you worry)!  Some things to make a very nice and accurate RWD 8, including a set of rare decals. 

• Like 6

On the basis that my name is already out, I submit Eric for consideration. I am proud and feel priviledged to have met Eric Brown, who was a clear, intelligent, very mortal, level headed and modest man who endeared me greatly. Some other famous war time sorts give the impression of having a huge deal of admiration for themselves. I found Chuck Yaeger's Facebook page to be unsufferable for example and unfollowed after a few weeks of self-lauditing. Eric Brown on the other hand was possibly the most personable and unassuming gentleman one could hope to meet.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I found Chuck Yaeger's Facebook page to be unsufferable for example and unfollowed after a few weeks of self-lauditing.

Yeah, Yeager comes off as extremely unlikable, sad to say. 

Mrs. P has locked onto Oliver. Nothing I can do about it. 

• Like 3

On 2017-5-5 at 8:42 AM, perdu said:

To be fair, yet again, the naming of the offspring crisis is one of those life defining situations

Lady P and I went through thousands of combinations, often based round the forenames of chaps I didn't like who had been hanging round her juvenile skirt strings when we were teenagers.

When my wife and I were doing the same, we settled on my choice of Sally for our daughter.

To this day my wife refuses to believe I chose that name from a song title in the Tommy album. (Sally Simpson).

There are no points for guessing what I was going to suggest we name a boy ......... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Whofan said:

There are no points for guessing what I was going to suggest we name a boy ......... 

Entwhistle?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Whofan said:

When my wife and I were doing the same, we settled on my choice of Sally for our daughter.

To this day my wife refuses to believe I chose that name from a song title in the Tommy album. (Sally Simpson).

Silas?

10 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Tommy?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Procopius said:

There are a lot worse that Oliver. It can,t be mistaken for a girls name, CED was spot on as to its attributes & his mates will shorten it to Olly, Ollie or Ole, nothing too awful in any of those. At risk of bring judged a turncoat, it gets a tick from me. :) Good to see some life from you. :thumbsup2:

Steve.

51 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Yeah, Yeager comes off as extremely unlikable, sad to say. 

Just explain how many times he's going to hear "Please sir, may I have some more?" in school in about 12 years or so...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Jessica said:

Just explain how many times he's going to hear "Please sir, may I have some more?" in school in about 12 years or so...

Good idea, Jess! I have to go and rent a musical.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd see myself utter. Fatherhood changes a fellow.

• Like 11

rent a movie?

eek

I went to a theatrical performance of Mr Bart's masterpeice

fabulousest ever even though many of the cast were amateur lovies

beware wandering through your future 'reviewing the situation...'

My three year old next door neighbour is Oliver

Nice guy

Wish he'd keep his lost balloons to himself though....

;)

• Like 1