20 hours ago, longshanks said:

Thank you guys for the input, we just need to establish which of you is going to do the sign writing 12" high = 1.5mm @ 1/200

I'm sure that some kind soul will print you some decals. Failing that, I used some 1/72 4" Modeldecal letters when I did my 1/144 puffer. They looked the part so let the search for a name recommence! :devil:

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She really is a little beauty! As to lettering, I've managed to do quite small lettering using Xara, created a white on black nameplate and printed it out on photo paper, blacked the edge of the paper and glued it on to Scottish Maid. Quite legible, despite being minuscule!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Bless you Kev, you named her the "Barnacle",

I'll look at her and think of you :winkgrin:

8 minutes ago, Ripaman said:

Lovely job on the "Barnacle" Puffer

Thanks Richard

Really enjoyed this as a change of pace. Always find my standards are pushed up by the talent on here

Kev

• Like 1

Indeed that is a cracking wee Barnacle kev. I am very very impressed! :thumbsup:

Just a teensy weensy wee point, I can't see any port and starboard lanterns. Are they there? I don't have brilliant eyesight these days so can't say that, just because I can't see them they aren't there :D

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Beardie said:

I can't see any port and starboard lanterns. Are they there?

Last picture just in front of wooden wheelhouse you will find the port light. You have reminded me that I forgot one on the mast, thanks

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

After an enforced absence due to an excess of Sun, Good Food & Drink I've managed to fight my way back to the bench.....

First up was laying down some water which I used Artists Acrylic Paste & Gel

P1080557 (Copy)

P1080558 (Copy)

Allowed to dry and given several washes of Peaty Water and then the breaking water picked out in cream and white

P1080579 (Copy)

P1080580 (Copy)

P1080582 (Copy)

You can just make out the abandon bike

P1080585 (Copy)

P1080591 (Copy)

Next job finish the frame, watch this space

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 14

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the enforced time away!

That is looking amazing. Oh, also, I have been bitten by the bug and am quietly, (am married...), amassing plans and equipment/material for a boat build. Should, (more like when), the lovely Yvonne finds out I will be pointing her in your general direction!!;)

On-On,

Christian, exiled to africa

• Thanks 1