Yak 28p firebar

Just finished this in the nato warsaw pact group build, out of the box except for eduard  mig 21 seatbelts ,scratch built ladder, and a couple of pilot figures by aires,and airscale cockpit decals ,the model built up really well, there were a few sink marks ,and a bit of flash otherwise the general fit was good ,the inspiration for the weathering came from a picture off the net of red 03 at hvalynka aerodrome in the 70s below ,it was my first go at a whole aircraft in alclad,

Thanks everyone for moral support and enthusiastic comments, and those who contributed with hard to find links and other info,

Cheers 

Glynn

hv_1978_03_zpseijyqsyb.jpg

OI000146_zps1q1mh11s.jpg

OI000117_zpsqfsgb6nd.jpg

OI000116_zpscz0zrgap.jpg

OI000137_zpsdmz6ia7h.jpg

OI000136_zpstoooeuma.jpg

OI000138_zpslx9fqctc.jpg

This one was taken just before it was finished

OI000111_zpsoze3vmg4.jpg

20170402_172144_zpsjgenfaye.jpg

• Like 57

1 hour ago, Bangor Lad said:

Stunning job on a striking aircraft!

1 hour ago, WildeSau75 said:

Just wow - very impressive build of a rarely seen jet. The painting is top notch. Also like the way you presented it.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Very nice model of a aircraft that we don't see in model form very often 😊

Thank you gentlemen, believe it or not michael it was my first go at painting an aircraft in alclad but to be fair not really any different techniques from normal painting, gerard i think we'll be seeing more of these as it was only released at the begining of  February in 1/48,bangor lad,cheers super looking jet isn't it

Thanks again

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mirageiv said:

Glynn one of the best models I've seen in a while, a really amazing job, I love the 'feel' the figures bring to the scene. Was a pleasure to see it built up in the GB, what is next? :thumbsup:

David

David ,many thanks,i really enjoyed the group build,and I'm going straight into the f-111 gb with a 1/48 hobby boss "a" variant, fully aware of the kits short comings  after a few  off, I'll do the from russia with love one too ,i think gb's are  really close knit and family like, so I'll be sticking around for the foreseeable future, and I'm going to be looking in on our one too, all the best, friend ,,keep up the good work 

Glynn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, invidia said:

That's very nice.  

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

First one of the Bobcat Firebars that I've seen completed, you have done a stunning job of it!

Thanks ,james i picked it up  from my local model  shop, clifton curios and started it the next day in the nato vs  warsaw pact  group build ,always admired the yak 28 so i couldn't wait,,thanks invidia

• Like 1

Just now, John Laidlaw said:

A beautiful model of a lovely aircraft! Your WIP has been a treasure trove for me, too.

Thank you john, glad you enjoyed it, are you going to build one?

Glynn

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Laidlaw said:

I am indeed - I have the kit sitting on my workbench next to me, and as soon as can, I shall start!

Very good john ,if you do a wip how about that camo'd 28p from earlier in my wip thread that would look superb,?I'll  tag along any way

Glynn

16 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Thanks ,james i picked it up  from my local model  shop, clifton curios and started it the next day in the nato vs  warsaw pact  group build ,always admired the yak 28 so i couldn't wait

Thank you, I didn't realise that there was a UK supplier for this kit, will contact them.

Not sure whether to wait for the Yak-28PP Brewer now though.

Like you I've long admired these jets, you really have done it justice though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Thank you, I didn't realise that there was a UK supplier for this kit, will contact them.

Not sure whether to wait for the Yak-28PP Brewer now though.

Like you I've long admired these jets, you really have done it justice though.

I dont know if there is an importer of this kit james i asked mike at the Lms to import it for me as soon as it was available, he got 2 in and sold the other one before he got it! If you know what i mean, maybe hannants sell it now though, and yes i want a brewer I'm looking forward to that, june I've heard

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Very good john ,if you do a wip how about that camo'd 28p from earlier in my wip thread that would look superb,?I'll  tag along any way

Glynn

I may have to get a second kit for a camouflaged one - it really did pique my interest when I saw it, but I have a thing for NMF, so that will be first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JWM said:

Extremly nice build indeed but also very expressive photos!

Congrats

J-W

Thanks i blame my wife she bought me a camera for Christmas, or i would still be using my pad to take photos,

Glynn