Another swedish one ... CV90-40c

• 3 months later...

Hello gents,

time to go back to this rather challenging project ... no camo net today but the first steps of the remote weapon station build, in fact a remote controlled 7.62 NATO MG mount with the ammo box.

Not so much photos of this specific mount, that's not present in the kit (however, there's one early version in the Trumpeter Strv 103, for inspiration) ... much work to determine the proper dimensions and work on the drawings, that I did a few months ago.

So now, it's time to make the leap ... the mount and machinery box are installed, the ammo box too

img_0933.jpg
img_0931.jpg
img_0930.jpg

And the very nice and detailed Live Resin FN Mag with its flexible ammo chute ... a rather good representation of the Ksp 58C (Kulspruta 58 C, swedish version of the FN Mag made under licence by Carl Gustaf)

img_0932.jpg

I still need evergreen supplies to go further ... so next steps in a few days ;)

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 3

Hello gents,

last step of the machine gun mount today ... I think I spent nearly 6 hours on that tiny thing since the beginning :huh:

Any way, call it finished now ...

img_0935.jpg
img_0939.jpg
img_0934.jpg

And now just a coat of black primer to prepare the next steps ;)

img_0940.jpg
img_0941.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Etienne said:

last step of the machine gun mount today ... I think I spent nearly 6 hours on that tiny thing since the beginning :huh:

.....and I can see why. It's a complicated little beggar....but it looks good.

John.

Hello gents,

today was base coat's time ... a very simple NATO green coat, the shadows were obtained with a little bit of mottling before the final spray.

Anyway, most of this base color will be hidden by the camouflage panels ... for those who are interested, seems that some CV90 kept their NATO color under the camo panels, some others (later ?) received a sand colored paintcoat, but even for those, some kept the green wheels, even undercarriage, etc.

img_0942.jpg
img_0944.jpg
img_0945.jpg
img_0943.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 6

Thanks for your likes, I am still wondering how I will get the barracuda net fixed to the panels, then to the hull and turret, have some ideas however :huh:

But before that, next step will be adding / painting all the small details.

Cheers, E

Hello gents,

another step in the build ... after detail painting, I tried to install the camo panels, not an easy task for sure.

I am not totally satisfied with the result but I did my best ... anyhow, I ran out of barracuda net so the turret will have to wait :huh:

img_0948.jpg
img_0946.jpg
img_0949.jpg
img_0947.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Great work as always E. Beautiful green coat, not 100% sure about the Barracuda netting, seems to be very thick (just my first impression, most certainly not knocking your build).

I share your impression ... although the real life barracuda are pretty thick, the panels I build with paper backing and barracuda net seem a little bit overscaled :mellow:

Perhaps I shoud have applied the panels first then the barracuda ... I think I will rethink my build and remove the panels, should go off in a bath of plain water :unamused:

I have to admit that I am a little bit dissapointed, here's a photo for comparison ...

the_ne10.jpg

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne

Nice looking build Etienne, may I ask where you sourced the Resin Stowage Bin for the rear hull?  I have a CV90-30 in progress, as a Norwegian ISAF vehicle. 

Regards,

Mark

Well, I finally decided to strip the camo panels ... the good thing is that PVA glue dissolves rather quickly in warm water :mellow:

Anyway, they were not to my taste so now, I have to decide if I make another attempt to reproduce the barracuda camouflage or if I go for a plain green CV90 :huh:

11 hours ago, Troffa said:

Nice looking build Etienne, may I ask where you sourced the Resin Stowage Bin for the rear hull?  I have a CV90-30 in progress, as a Norwegian ISAF vehicle. 

Regards,

Mark

Hello Mark, the stowage box comes from Djiti's Production, a french guy who's running a small resin casting business. Very nice quality you can find here > http://djiti.production.free.fr/35033.htm

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

You could try the barracuda without the backing, might look more to scale that way. If that doesn't work out the green was rather sexy looking anyway so a bit of a win win situation E.

I thought about it but without the lining, the green color would be visible and unrealistic :huh:

I'll make a new attempt on my test model with the lining and net applied separately and see if it works ... if it doesn't, then I'll change my project and go for a green IFV training in the swedish hinterland ;)

Either way, I don't want to ruin all the hard work around the GPMG mount, so I'll go the safest route !

Cheers, E

• Like 1

Undoubtedly, the net Barracuda, gives a different and special aspect, muh little seen, but as in real life, this type of equipment prevents seeing what is below.
The CV-90, was already looking very good without the net, so if you do not like much as it is (is the most important), you can always forget about it ...:popcorn:

Cheers Etienne :yes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I finally decided to go for the plain green CV90 ... to much uncertainty around the barracuda camo :huh:

... but very soon I realised that the pin-wash process would be endless with hundreds of bolts on the added armor panels so I ended up with some kind of general wash and the result is quite OK.

Sorry for the bad quality of the photos :mellow: ... The CV90 got its shoes, I was not able to shot a good pic of the tracks but let me tell you that they are very very realistic !!

Now I have to do the weather and dirtying ... 

img_1019.jpg
img_1020.jpg
img_1018.jpg
img_1021.jpg

Cheers, E

• Like 5

On 18/12/2017 at 1:33 PM, FrancisGL said:

I think it was a good decision, with the last progress it looks great already ...:popcorn:

Cheers Etienne :yes:

Hello Francis,

thanks for your support ;) ... still need to decide how to weather this not so tiny beast.

Cheers, E

• Thanks 1