Removing scratches / residue from clear parts

Lawzer

Hi folks,

apologies if this has been asked before.....

while spraying a kit I covered the canopy in cling film to stop spary getting into the cockpit.

on removing the cling film it seems to have left residue stuck to the canpoy.  Soap and warm water hasn't shifted it so what's the best way to porceed?

i have one of those headlight (car) polishing kits - its got 5000 grit paper - would this be suitable?

cheers

ian

Just use some Tamiya (or other) polishing compound on a soft cotton cloth. Start with the fine grade and it should be enough. If you need to go heavier move up to the medium or coarse grade, but unless it's badly marred or scratched the fine should be adequate. You could also dip it in Klear to give it back it's clarity. Either method will work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Steve Noble said:

Just use some Tamiya (or other) polishing compound on a soft cotton cloth. Start with the fine grade and it should be enough. If you need to go heavier move up to the medium or coarse grade, but unless it's badly marred or scratched the fine should be adequate. You could also dip it in Klear to give it back it's clarity. Either method will work.

Cheers mate!

I left it to soak in soapy water then gave it a scrub with one of the wifes enjo cloths then dipped it in klear and all looks restored :)