MiG-13/I-250 operational paint

Was there ever any definitive answer reached on how the handful of aircraft (16) which were operational with the Baltic fleet aviation units might  have been painted? Apparently one of the prototypes was in a glossy blue but I'm curious about the active-duty ones, such as this one pictured. It has the taller tail of the MiG-13 instead of the prototype I-250's. I'm wondering if this is a lighter shade of gray, or maybe a bluish or greenish color?

13_02.jpg

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy

17 hours ago, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

Was there ever any definitive answer reached on how the handful of aircraft (16) which were operational with the Baltic fleet aviation units might  have been painted? Apparently one of the prototypes was in a glossy blue but I'm curious about the active-duty ones, such as this one pictured. It has the taller tail of the MiG-13 instead of the prototype I-250's. I'm wondering if this is a lighter shade of gray, or maybe a bluish or greenish color?

13_02.jpg

"Operational with the Baltic fleet" it city legends, because:
  The documents confirming drive of the I-250 fighters of a pilot batch to front parts of Aircraft of the Navy till this day aren't revealed. It is thought that it wasn't at all, at least, it indirectly confirm other documents. We will remember that the E-30-20 power plant had all a 35-hour resource in addition differed in a big buket ╩ shortcomings. Also we will remember complexity of operation it and the plane in general Therefore it isn't necessary to speak about lack of problems with planes of a pilot batch in Aircraft of the Navy. If they were in front parts, then in the item of expenditure of manufacturers of the plane and the power plant there would be records about deliveries to the Navy of the new engines and compressors, spare parts and units for replacement which left an operation, assistance to seamen in development and repair of materiel. However those in annual reports of the plants ╧╧ 155, 381, 26 and 466 are absent. Besides, at the plant ╧466, at least, till 1949 were and unclaimed four E-30-20 power plants are Also not present also correspondence of the Navy with MAP on these questions. Therefore if the I-250 planes also got to Aircraft of the Navy, then only to teaching departments as visual aids.

Also any documents in which the fighter would call MiG-13 aren't revealed. Throughout all the short biography it passed in orders, reports, reports, plans, acts, etc. as a product ╚Н ╩, I-250, MiG with VRD and the VK-107P or MiG motor with TsIAM VK-107R and VRDK, or in the form of other variations on the same subject, including MiG-3 with VRD.

The only thing about what can be govonit as about front operation, so it is preparation for an air parade  November 7, 1946.

On I-250 involved the 176th Guards Proskurovsky's crews of the Orders of Suvorov and Alexander of the Nevsky destructive aviaregiment of the 324th air defense destructive aviadivision deployed in Tyoply Stan in flights. 
The air parade wasn't held on November 7, 1946 because of bad weather.

It is necessary to tell, as - 250 not the best responses the Commander of group deserved at front pilots the isthmus P.F.Chupikov noted that it as an interceptor of I-250 can't be used in view of the considerable take-off weight (3680 kg) and an undercapacity of the piston motor (1650 h.p. which on rotation of the compressor about 300 h.p. left) as when flying generally on one VK-107P engine, the speed of the plane was insufficient.
Summary. He also didn't suit the Air Force and was transferred to manufacturer for completions, only after which it was tried to be pushed aircraft of the fleet.

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/fighter/mig13.html

B.R.

Serge

Well, I used the term "operational" and "MiG-13" because former chief designer Belyakov, successor to Mikoyan himself, used these terms in his book. And

apparently only barely operational, for the briefest of time, as it was not well liked at all by pilots and pure jets were about to arrive anyway.

But my question was regarding the color used.....gray? blue? green?

On 03.04.2017 at 1:44 AM, Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy said:

Well, I used the term "operational" and "MiG-13" because former chief designer Belyakov, successor to Mikoyan himself, used these terms in his book. And

apparently only barely operational, for the briefest of time, as it was not well liked at all by pilots and pure jets were about to arrive anyway.

But my question was regarding the color used.....gray? blue? green?

Article on Аirwar is based on the publication Evgeny Arsenyev. "First jet MiG" in the "Aircraft and Time" magazine. which has been published much later than Belyakov's book.
 Evgeny Arsenyev very long worked both at the experimental design bureau MiG and in his archives by preparation of this specialized article.
The general reference book of Belyakov, in fact repeats what has been written at  Shavrov V. B. "History of designs of planes in the USSR 1938-1950". Naturally in 2000 Arsenyev had fuller access to archives what at Shavrov in 1960, besides he has more narrowly targeted subject a single question, than the book of broad subject of Shavrov allowing to investigate more more carefully.
Speaking about coloring of I-250, I think it is possible to say that there were identical tendencies with La-150. Planes of early. constructions could be painted by two layers of AMT-11 or one layer of its analog for metal coverings A-33m. Planes of late construction most likely were the same color as well as MiG-9 namely A-36m. Alexander Akanikhin, the producer and the owner AKAN claims that still AMT-16 paint close on color to A-36m could be applied.

В.R.

Serge