1/72 scale Bedford QLR J145 scratchbuild

That is gorgeous, I really like the way you get the paintwork looking realistic...nothing obvious, nice and subtle, but it's there.

Ian

• Like 1

It does look slightly too tall, but it's still looking great. Lovely finish. How did you do the glazing on the side windows? Is that the liquid stuff?

Regards,

John.

7 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

It does look slightly too tall, but it's still looking great. Lovely finish. How did you do the glazing on the side windows? Is that the liquid stuff?

Regards,

John.

Yes mate, Windsor and Newton Glazing medium, I use it to glue in the cab glass as well because its quite thick, helps to fill in any badly cut areas and dries to a clear, transparent, high gloss

• Like 2

If you keep giving me tip like this, I'll end up spending all of my pension in the art shop when I get back to Blighty again! :D I used to use the liquid made by Microscale to do airliner windows in a previous life, but as that was about thirty years ago, it's probably unusable by now.

Regards,

John.

• Like 1

Wonderful work again Sean, really stunning build & finish!

I joined the facebook braille scale truck group to read the excellent painting tutorial you posted on there - could I ask where you got that big black airbrush trigger knob from? And is it specific to the particular brush you use or can it be adapted to others? It looks very useful!

Once again, superb little truck!

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

Brilliant, all your models are, and you keep coming up with new types, think you must have a good few books 📚 under the bed 😊

Yarp, but don't tell the wife, she reads this sometimes! :worry:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Wonderful work again Sean, really stunning build & finish!

I joined the facebook braille scale truck group to read the excellent painting tutorial you posted on there - could I ask where you got that big black airbrush trigger knob from? And is it specific to the particular brush you use or can it be adapted to others? It looks very useful!

Once again, superb little truck!

Keith

Certainly..... It is just 4 solid rubber half inch plumbing tap washers glued on top of one another and then glued and shaped on the airbrush, you'll notice the top is curved, and this is to help with the finger tip 'rock' as you operate the trigger, they need a VERY sharp knife to cut/shape them and a sanding drum in a dremel to finish them off smooth, don't go to wild though or it will reduce it's effect.

Obviously, the taller you make it the more control you have, but this also means you have to have about 6 knuckles in your trigger finger to operate it for its full range of movement.

ATB

Sean

Showed MrsLurker the second picture, "Is that real?".  Then scrolled back to show the first picture, "I think that's a 4' penny!" :)

That's the sort of detailing that I only "expect" to see at 1/48 and above. To see it at 1/72 and on such a small scratch built subject is very, very impressive. You have a great deal more patience and skill than me.

• Like 1