1/48th Monogram Harvard Mk.III, RNAS Hal Far Station Flight, Malta late 1940`s

What I've always like about your models Tony - is the ability to take an ordinary, everyday, workhorse of a subject and produce an extraordinarily interesting, well made, and researched model.

Any ideas if the camo panels and parts were from another airframe - or just bits that weren't stripped of paint?

Jonners

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

What I've always like about your models Tony - is the ability to take an ordinary, everyday, workhorse of a subject and produce an extraordinarily interesting, well made, and researched model.

Any ideas if the camo panels and parts were from another airframe - or just bits that weren't stripped of paint?

Jonners

Cheers Jonners,

I`m not sure about the camo sections, whether they came from another aircraft or not,..... but judging by the serial and location of the roundel which were both factory standard for a silver Harvard Mk.III,..... I would guess that they came from another aircraft? Never say never though.

I`m just pondering on a `fifferent' scheme for my 32nd Revell Spitfire Mk.IX! 

Cheers

Tony

9 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Jonners

Whether or not the control surfaces are the originals for that airframe any repainting would require them to be rebalanced to reduce the risk of flutter.  A hard-pressed and under-resourced Station Flight would have avoided as much work as possible, but that still leaves the intrigue of the factory-standard serial numbers.  Would the painters have gone to the trouble of making masks to replicate the original style of the serials?  Unless they're reading this thread and feel compelled to tell us we're unlikely to know.  Nice and unusual Harvard though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I like!

Love the Harvard and particularly like your swapped-out panel and control surfaces.

Some years ago I did a free-flight Mk.1 in yellow which featured a couple of camo cowling panels.

Lovely job Tony!

ATB
Rick

• Like 1