Avro Vulcans

Nils

Here's a quick render of my old Vulcan model, a while back. It's supposed to depict Vulcans coming in for landing, under a shady sky, that's it.. nothing like Skyraiders 3D moldelling stanfdards, I seem to work in a little looser and less strict stiyle than him. It's all just for fun for me, not professional work.

The model is modelled and rendered in Luxology Modo with a little postrender work in Photoshop, exhausts an so on, I hope you like it, but comments are always velcome.

(next perhaps I'll post my Heinkel 115 in RAF colours, taking off from the Coves.. :) )

Howls

Edited by Nils
Updated image link
  • Like 15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for inputs. The british v-force has so much interesting story to them. Just that one fact that only a decade parted the Lancaster and the Vulcans, it sounds almost unbeliveable.

Bendinggrass, it's from my hobby, CG Modelling. I want to post some larger shot but for the moment I'm just on my phone but I'll see what I can do later ..

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2017 at 3:16 PM, Nils said:

Thanks all for inputs. The british v-force has so much interesting story to them. Just that one fact that only a decade parted the Lancaster and the Vulcans, it sounds almost unbeliveable.

Bendinggrass, it's from my hobby, CG Modelling. I want to post some larger shot but for the moment I'm just on my phone but I'll see what I can do later ..

I would love to get a copy of your CG Vulcan model. I am fortunate to have a few different rendering programs. 

Are you able to make your model available to those who are interested?

A humble request.... I can't make anything like that.

Bendinggrass

I'm honored by your request, unfortunately can't give you the completed, finished model, but I can give you the model at an earlier stage if you like to train yourself with it :)

I'm not home until the 22. but if you like, I'll go through my folder and see if I got some stuff for you.

My models are done in Modo (not directly compatible with 3DS Max/Maya and the Autodesk familiy, but as a .obj file you should be able to import into most related softwares. I think Lightwave reads Modo's language better..

Let me know if you interested

cheers

Nils

• 2 weeks later...