1/48 - Sikorsky R-5/H-5 (S-48), S-51/WS-51 by AMP - released - new RAAF boxing by Red Roo Kits - new WS-51 variant

Homebee

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

About the same cost as the Belcher Bits resin offering.

Its half the cost of the BB kit.

The differences of course is, one can build a S-51 and a military Dragonfly from the Belcher Bits kit and its resin v styrene.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
Typo

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

About the same cost as the Belcher Bits resin offering.

I agree that the price is higher than expected but the Belcher one sells here for about twice the pric eof the AMP kit. Still I wondered which is the better choice for money.

13 hours ago, 71chally said:

£24 for a low volume kit seems pretty good to me, just holding out for a Dragonfly boxing now!

Agreed, it's a great price. I'm holding out for a civil boxing that includes the BEA liviered machines.

Thomo

• Like 1

On 1.8.2017 at 21:01, 71chally said:

£24 for a low volume kit seems pretty good to me, just holding out for a Dragonfly boxing now!

Agree - after my first little shock. Looking at Italeri prices it is a bargain with the huge PE fret and masks.

7 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Agree - after my first little shock. Looking at Italeri prices it is a bargain with the huge PE fret and masks.

I don't think it will include huge sheets of etch and masks, but I get your drift - its great VfM!

Thomo

14 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I don't think it will include huge sheets of etch and masks, but I get your drift - its great VfM!

Thomo

Well but looks very much like it (well huge sheets not - but a big one and masks):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-48-Sikorsky-H03S-1-New-AMP-multimedia-kit/391854241295?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107083420%26meid%3D4c58cad17b7c4119b6c665cdbacd8d0d%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D391850279034

AMP box content

• Like 4

On 04/08/2017 at 08:53, Caerbannog said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it did not come with masks and etch, it was the huge bit I was pointing out, given even in 48th scale it's not a large model. To my mind 48th is the right scale for this machine.

It looks a very nice kit at a very reasonable price too, given the  discussion on some other threads about the price of other low volume kits.

Thomo.

Correct - "huge" is a bit too positive. I was thinking about the PE which is included in other boxes sometimes - like Italeri Wessex. Compared to this the AMP fret is about twice the size I guess from the photo above. This is what I had in mind when I said "huge" :-D

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Stephen said:

Yours was packed the same way mine was, the box top/bottom flattened and the sprues between two pieces of cardboard.

Not very impressive. Do they think each packet is hand carried from their post office to your front door?

14 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

Give me the address, I'll send a new glass

Thank you very much for your proposal Sergey. The E-bay retailer should send me a replacement sprue very soon. Anyway in case of trouble I'll get back to you.

All the best with AMP & MikroMir projects. 

Regards,

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1