1/48 - Sikorsky R-5/H-5 (S-48), S-51/WS-51 by AMP - released - new RAAF boxing by Red Roo Kits - new WS-51 variant

Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mikro Mir have always had interesting subjects (to me at least) that sprue shot shows just how much they're upping their game. They've always been buildable but that's getting pretty close to mainstream detail levels.

Well Done but don't forget the 1/350 submarines.

• Like 2

It looks highly likely from the above renders, that the Westland HR3/5 Dragonfly is not an option from these moulds. Unless Micro Mir have another glazed sprue and fuselage up thier sleeves. Unsurprisingly, they have gone for the option that gives them most varied markings and liveries and ultimatley the bigger market.

Thomo.

43 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

It looks highly likely from the above renders, that the Westland HR3/5 Dragonfly is not an option from these moulds. Unless Micro Mir have another glazed sprue and fuselage up thier sleeves. Unsurprisingly, they have gone for the option that gives them most varied markings and liveries and ultimatley the bigger market.

Thomo.

I beg you not to be upset, "Dragonfly" will be a separate set with a new fuselage and glass.

20170604_164406_800.jpgi.gif

20170604_164420_800.jpgi.gif

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Mikro Mir have always had interesting subjects (to me at least) that sprue shot shows just how much they're upping their game. They've always been buildable but that's getting pretty close to mainstream detail levels.

Well Done but don't forget the 1/350 submarines.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, praded-dembelya said:

I beg you not to be upset, "Dragonfly" will be a separate set with a new fuselage and glass.

20170604_164406_800.jpgi.gif

20170604_164420_800.jpgi.gif

I'm not upset, I'll be as happy as larry if we get BEA decals with the S-51/R-5/H-5 boxing :-)

Thomo.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Colin1967 said:

My normal scale is 1/72, but, I am tempted by this one, well done Micro Mir for this and other releases so far.

They really are quite satisfying kits. Not too tricky to build and very off-beat subjects. This would be about the size of a 1/72 fighter so if you like the subject go for it. That's how I got into 350th submarines...

I've no connection other than being a very happy customer.

• Like 3