This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

RidgeRunner

Esci/Trumpeter F-100C Super Sabre 1/72

33 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Darren Rhodes said:

Great build and painting. Excellent work from the old ESCI kit, hadn't realised until I read further you had cross-kitted with the Trumpeter kit. I did not know of the shape problems with the Trumpeter kits, not unexpected to hear, but annoying as I have the C, D and F Trumpy kits in my stash and was about tho through the ESCI F away! 

Thanks Darren. See also TheRealMrEd's thread on this too, currently in WIP.

martin

1 person likes this

Hi Scimitar, I saw her at Greenham Common in 1974. As you say, scrapped now, at Konya.

Martin

1 person likes this

Nothing to add except... 'nailed it'

Ian.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, Darren Rhodes said:

I have the C, D and F Trumpy kits in my stash and was about tho through the ESCI F away! 

Don't do that, mate! The Esci/Italeri is a great base. The F particularly should be done with the Italeri kit. You can then replace the wings but use the great detail stuff of the Trumper  - u/c, flaps, pylons, etc. Definitely don't use the wheels!  You might be able to salvage something from the Trumper cockpit to make a more detailed one as there is no resin F set on the market. The D would be a no-brainer! The ultimate message - whatever you do don't use the Trumper fuselages.

Good luck!

Martin

1 person likes this

Nice!

Hi Darren! Any more thoughts on your F-100 projects?

M

While I realise the Aires nozzle isn't 100% accurate as it is set in an open position, here is a view from the rear end. I'm pleased with the combination of Humbrol 191 (for stainless steel), Humbrol steel metal cote for the nozzle (with dry brushing) and then masked swipes of the Tamiya Weathering Set D (half masked and then masks removed for final swipes).

You can also see how the rear end needs filing out to the rim so that it represents a more realistic look, rather than the flat plate on the original.

Martin

tail%20crop_zpskhmqy732.jpg

Edited by RidgeRunner

Hello,Martin - My full compliments to you on this superb looking 'F-100'. I also advocate the use of Tamiya Weathering Pastels for NMF areas as you have so effectively shown.Great work in every respect.

Hoping you safely received my last Email.

😉👍All the very best,Paul.