***finished***Airfix Hawk T1

No gunpod or pylons has always been a disappointing omission with the latest Airfix Hawk kit. Then discovering too late the cockpit internals are poorly proportioned sealed its fate in my opinion, if I ever go for another Hawk it'll be the new Revell kit, hopefully someone can help with some suitable spare bits of death for you.

If you can, try and get an Italeri Hawk gunpod. The  Airfix one is undersized and the Italeri has better details 

33599148882_12b6bca3bc_b.jpg

Airfix top, Italeri below 

Edited by chrisrope
Pic inserted
  • Like 1

No probs. Worth the search as it looks tons better than the Airfix one. 

32964752223_5a34e2c812_b.jpg

I've got a pair of Aeroclub white metal MB10 seats here you're welcome to. Not strictly correct for an early Hawk as they have the later headbox but better than the kit ones. Drop me a PM if you want them, I'll not be using them 

• Like 1

Didn't get any further than painted the pit grey yesterday. Had football this morning and stuff to do this afternoon (as well as the arsenal

city game to watch), so didn't expect to get much if any modelling done today. Of course reality wasn't playing ball, 10 mines into the match I went to head the ball and somebody else headed me, smashing my nose up. so my day was cut short so went home early after a check from the paramedic. Was told to take it easy so sitting around modelling fitted the description cracked on with both this and my F-111 construction

CCE1A912-AD50-43C8-9EC1-9234933036D0_zps 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Painted it up last Sunday, but as I had yet to source a gun pod I put it to one side, now ones on the way so will be ready for decalling soon 51797B90-AA0D-43E4-B380-9E7142597090_zps. Got the gunpod from the italeri kit, which I've found out ironically is the same kit as the Revell red arrows one, which was in the shop I got this for a few pounds cheaper.....doh

Lack of updates for a reason, some small cracks appeared in the canopy and whilst I did decided to intially live with it, I changed my mind and the thing broke in half on removal, have another on its way from airfix, but as it will take time for them to get the cheque and then post it, Ill will buy a full kit. On the plus side the italeri kit arrived today so now have a gun pod. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

It's ready for recalling, had a little hassle cleaning up the canopy, won't be done tonight, as it looks a bit complicated using the xtradecal stencils and I'm not st my sharpest, also decided to built tha other hawk as the inbox scheme, which is proving tricky to get the red nice and uniform

I'm a total moron and put this in jeopardy, noticed some debris on he blast shield which would not budge so I took the canopy off. Some filling and fiddling later, blast shield wasn't fitted right, and now there is major issues getting the canopy fitted again :( not helped the mojo which has also been severely dented by other builds and indeed not been feeling that well the last few days either 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

This time I calling it done for good, still some imperections with the pit and indeed there is a crack in the canopy but having had the canopy of >15 times I'm not doing it again . It will go in the gallery as is. Might also notice the serial has been changed, the one I did had a little hawk decal on the nose which got obliterated during the canopy episode as did some stencils which have been replaced with spares. 

286C7914-F5CC-4325-AD76-6BD82A091D00_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu