Sylvaneth

Skids

Hi All

Been off here for awhile, lost my interest in Aircraft and got introduced back into Warhammer. Few mates asked me to go and watch a game or two and I got hooked again.

So I trawled through Games Workshop to see what figures I liked and came across these nice big trees, loved the figures. So I started a Sylvaneth army.

They have come along way since I played in my teens, (not that I remember that far back!!!!!). I have to say the plastic is fantastic and the go together extremely well.

Anyway enough talk here is where my army is at present, also have a unit of Tree revenants done but no pic

Dryads

Dryads_zps4vsoplei.jpg

Kurnoth Hunters

KH1_zpsrzd1wpo9.jpg

Treelord Ancient

TLA_zps9jnxjzpj.jpg

Durthu 

Durthu2_zpssivfl2x3.jpg

Its great fun going back to brush work only, although for the next big beastie the airbrush will come out!

Thanks

for looking

Simon

• Like 12

Wow. I too know nothing about Warhammer, but those guys are really intricately and colourfully painted.  Even the groundwork on the bases is superb.  May I ask, on the first pic in the second row , is that a little blue dragon on the base ? :D

BillyD

• Like 1

Nice looking miniatures, Simon. Glad to see some more miniatures of my preferred genres here. I think you could have pushed the contrast on those orange-yellow horn things a bit more by going more into the shadows at their bases. As it is it looks a bit out of place as it's too much contrast against those earthy tones the rest of the miniatures show and too sharp separated. By pushing the shadows more into some brown I think you'd get a better transition that looks just right.

Besides that - very well done miniatures. For sure a nice sight on the table.

• Like 1

Glad people like it thanks.

Will take those tips on board Schwarz-Brot for the next time.

Billydick - Its a little blue imp and its actually sitting on the branches of the figure in the front row, will get a better pic.

Thanks

Simon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I must say I find you figures as good - or better - as most 'stand-alone' figures I've ever seen. :goodjob:

They are - almost - to good to use for gaming. 

intI once dabbled into 40K but have never gamed in Warhammer, although I've tried painting a couple of figures - nothing in your league though! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1