Another 1:72 Sopwith double build: Revell Triplane and HR Models Pup - Pup also finished

That is just a wee bit fantastic Ian. i've got both these kits, the Pup I'd kind of expect to come up pretty good looking at it in the box but the Tripe, oh blimey, the Tripe, what you've done with that is firmly in the neighbourhood of miraculous. Its pretty jolly nice too. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Many thanks Gents, for your generous comments. I must admit to being pretty happy with the way it's turned out!

The forecast is for clear skies later today so I may get some half decent pics......

Ian

• Like 2

Brilliant work Ian.

just had a little bit of a catch up. In awe of your rigging skills, I'll hopefully be able to get my string work up to scratch for the HP. I doubt if it'll look half as good as yours though. :clap2:bravo.

johnny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Greg, Johnny, and P, most appreciated!

I finally got back to the bench this morning and finished off the control and tail rigging 

She's sitting upside down now waiting for the wheels and tailskid to dry, so tomorrow I hope to complete the touchups and post the RFI pics!

36452903060_17c50e7ac3_c.jpg

Ian

• Like 6

Here's the final result.....

36875513715_ee430ce412_c.jpg

36041271704_fa316a3540_c.jpg

She's now taken her place in the cabinet, replacing the rather sorry looking Airfix one, which has served its purpose well.

More pics in RFI, many thanks to all who have followed along and given encouragement!

Ian

• Like 8

Betty is very nice indeed Ian, well done :thumbsup: 

The rigging is very nice and looks 'scale'. The overall model just looks light and ready to fly away. Fantastic.

:goodjob: 

TonyT

• Like 1

15 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Here's the final result.....

She's now taken her place in the cabinet, replacing the rather sorry looking Airfix one, which has served its purpose well.

More pics in RFI, many thanks to all who have followed along and given encouragement!

Ian

Stunning result. I really enjoyed learning your techniques. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Courageous said:

Another great build Ian. What's next in 'stringbacks'?

Next up is a return to the Ilya Muromets, that one needs to be finished!

5 hours ago, pheonix said:

Wonderful model Ian. That is one to be truly proud of and a great improvement over the old Airfix offering.

Now on to the Ilya Mouramets I suspect?

P

Thanks P, you are correct!

John, Tony, Ced, Courageous, and Abat - many thanks, glad you like her!

Ian

• Like 2