Meng King Tiger

33594445031_86e56246ca_b.jpg

Meng's new Tiger II, finished a couple of weeks ago. A very nice kit with some really refined detailing, which is pretty much what I've come to expect from Meng. This one was built strait from the box, without the additional working track/suspension and full interior sets that are available for it. As this was one of the early boxings, it came with a turned metal barrel, which is actually slightly less detailed that the one-piece plastic option, but I used it anyway. The figure is also included in the box, which I'm really glad about. Too few companies give you figures with armour kits these days.

33559643022_c78f081e71_b.jpg

33586669051_bc40fc639b_b.jpg

32902379503_d15f0e8c4d_b.jpg

32902375743_d71fcedc06_b.jpg

33586674111_171d0df3b3_b.jpg

33715772915_fddfcef1c0_b.jpg

33675064176_6619b37e23_b.jpg

33586680631_98e7a0f33f_b.jpg

32873351264_c9392a0712_b.jpg

33586691241_f952f4d34f_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

• Like 53

Thanks to you for share with us...stunnig cat, very well done, i like a lot dusty look,

A great example of a model can be a winner by building OOB.

Please, how have you done the camo stains, and dust over hull and turret?...

:goodjob:, cheers Andy

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Please, how have you done the camo stains, and dust over hull and turret?...

Thanks Francis,

The dust is actually a faded winter whitewash. The first layer was done with hairspray chipping, then the streaking was done with white paint mixed with AK Washable Agent. You could get the same effect with AMMO's washable white paint.

Andy

• Like 1

Pretty awesome weathering and that ambush scheme looks great with some dust and dirt.  Hope mine turns out half as good as it's going to be my first try at the ambush scheme.

My tracks don't fit that well as they seem to be too short for a realistic sag.  Did you end up gluing the upper tracks to the road wheels as I think that's what I'll end up with.

I'm using the side skirts in an attempt to hide some of the upper track run so maybe it will be ok.

That's another problem I've created, I glued the upper and lower hulls together and now have to paint the suspension

and lower hull, mount the tracks, cover them with Saran Wrap, install the side skirts and fenders, then paint the upper hull, skirts and turret.  Dumb move but I hope it works out.

Mine didn't come with the metal barrel and Meng's plastic barrel isn't too hot and neither is the muzzle brake.

I guess I'll try a fine brush for the ambush dots, is that how you applied them?

Take care,

Lloyd

• Like 1

My jaw hurts. It hit the floor when I saw this wonder!

That is a fantastic piece of modelling!

Beautifully built, painted and weathered:goodjob:

• Like 1

Thanks guys

9 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

My tracks don't fit that well as they seem to be too short for a realistic sag.  Did you end up gluing the upper tracks to the road wheels as I think that's what I'll end up with.

I'm using the side skirts in an attempt to hide some of the upper track run so maybe it will be ok.

That's another problem I've created, I glued the upper and lower hulls together and now have to paint the suspension

and lower hull, mount the tracks, cover them with Saran Wrap, install the side skirts and fenders, then paint the upper hull, skirts and turret.  Dumb move but I hope it works out.

Mine didn't come with the metal barrel and Meng's plastic barrel isn't too hot and neither is the muzzle brake.

I guess I'll try a fine brush for the ambush dots, is that how you applied the

Thanks Lloyd,

Yes, the tracks have some issues. I got the sag to work okay using the jig, but when I joined up the two ends of the run, I ended up with two guide horn links together and didn't have enough space to fit the intermediate link between them. I managed to hide the two adjacent guide horns under a wheel though. I'd have preferred to keep the tracks separate for painting but, due to the issues in connecting them, I glued them to the wheels, and left the whole wheel/track assemblies as separate units for painting, then slid them on at the end.

The ambush dots aren't as hard as you'd imagine. I just used thin paint and a fine brush. The hardest job is getting them to be evenly spaced but still random looking.

Andy

Fantastic build and painting / weathering job that I followed on the Modelling News websiteB)

Still have to practice to achieve half of that in a good day:D

• Like 1

Another superb build from you Andy. Looks really good. Joe

• Like 1