Dragon's 1/72 Pz IVD - has anyone seen the tracks?

Robby

You're completely right about Flyhawk, as my bank account knows all too well... T-model and Modelcollect are both releasing some railcars to put tracked things on, and Modelcollect are releasing a 128mm flak on a railcar. I for one am VERY much looking forward to those...

• Like 1

Now that's interesting.....I have the Trumpeter 1/72 Leopold Railgun and I'd very much like to build as one of the guns of the 'Anzio Annie' battery, but you can't model the gun in isolation, there were a whole bunch of other cars connected to it and those don't seem to be available anywhere, but perhaps I can yet hope.  :pray:

Both Termin Molds (T-model) and Modelcollect are releasing the 50t and 80t flatbed railcars, I know that quite a few will be coming my way...

I have Dora in my stash. I have already created one diorama with it, a 1/1 scale man attempting to get it indoors without SWMBO noticing, and I have another planned, a 1/1 scale man trying to build a display cabinet big enough... :D

• Haha 3

Dora.....My god, that thing is humongous!  :o

Irritatingly there seem to be better reference pictures of the complete Dora train than there are of Annie's.....My other option is to build her in the sorry state she was found, but that seems like a cruel thing to do to a beautiful kit (and one that was given to me by a very kind gentleman).

Maybe you could make a small diorama of Annie coming out of her mountain hideaway? Then you would only have to have the locomotive and some of the cars, I think that I have seen a photo of that on the interweb. Maybe some artistic licence, as well :)

Dora is BIG, even at 1/72 scale, which is the only scale that I have space for her...

On 14/01/2018 at 10:23 AM, Robby said:

I think that I have seen a photo of that on the interweb.

If you could find it again a link would be much appreciated, I know there were 'extra cars' but I'm not sure what or in which order.....If I could find out what the two (one & a half would do) cars ahead of the gun (based on the direction the muzzle is pointing) and the car behind are, I'd be sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Have now had time to procrastinate on the interweb (don't tell the boss ;) )

It seems like there were two separate trains associated with the Italian K5 guns, one for the gun and one for the support staff and equipment (with two guns per battery):

https://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=526

Obviously I can't check on the accuracy of the above, but it seems pretty logical. It's not a photo, though... This said, it appears that an accurate K5 diorama when firing would have the K5 itself and a covered wagon (I presume) for the shells and a refridgerated wagon for the cordite bags. In transport the K5 train would be pulled by a BR52 or WR360 on its own, depending how close to the front it was. One thing that I didn't realise was that some K5's were destined for North Africa. As an aside, it seems as if the camouflage in the accompanying photo is dunkelgelb applied over a sun-bleached dunkelgrau, which is different to Hobby Boss' sand/red-brown suggestion for camouflage.

Hope this helps :)

PS: I've heard a rumour that Modelcollect will eventually release some passenger cars...

Edited by Robby
Extra information
  • Thanks 1