Anniversary F-111C

Foxbat

I've had the Academy F-111C sitting in the stash for ages because I always thought I should have one and it came up at a price I couldn't refuse. Now seemed like the perfect excuse to build it. It's a monster of a kit, everything is huge; the box

111-01.jpg

The contents. I might have to build an extension to house it when it's done

111-02.jpg

And finally (for now) the instructions and decal sheet.

111-03.jpg

I had planned on doing the 25 Anniversary scheme, but the 6 Squadron scheme with the red rudder/white Roo calls out to me. Boar's head unit badges are a special interest, given they're my clan crest. Then I saw this: 6 Sqn Anniversary Novascale do the decals for it and I need to build it.  It's a G not a C though so it'll not be happening for this GB.

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 1

I just unearthed mine from way down the stash...

What a big, impressive kit!

Decals also look gorgeous!

Did you think about a loadout already?

As it comes with half an F-15E/I weapons set...

24 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I just unearthed mine from way down the stash...

What a big, impressive kit!

Decals also look gorgeous!

Did you think about a loadout already?

As it comes with half an F-15E/I weapons set...

I haven't really. I'm torn - I'd love to go to town and fill every station, but I do like special schemes with just a couple of tanks. I think time will be the decider. I'm  a notoriously slow builder, so the deadline might decide for me. 

Welcome aboard, and what a lovely choice you've made!!! :thumbsup:

I very nearly bought one of these but I had heard nice things about the HB one so I ended up with one of those. They obviously didn't realise the issue with it!!

So I'm keen to follow your build to see what I could have built! They are some nice colourful schemes to choose from. I've worked on both of those aircraft thou when they still were in the SEA colours.

Well good luck with the build, I hope it's a trouble free one and look forward to seeing her in the gallery.

• 1 month later...