Feeling the Water

xvtonker

I'm posting this topic to feel the water to see if there is any interest in a manufacturer developing & marketing 1/72 & 1/48 versions of the Beagle B.206R & RAF CC.1 Basset.

It's very early days, but if I can get some feedback from the Britmodeller community as to interest & numbers I will then start discussions to see if anyone out there would be willing to look at designing and manufacturing kits, probably a limited run.

Thanks for looking

XVTonker  :pilot:

• Like 1

There is the old Airfix one(1/72) which they re-released not that long ago as part of a crowd funding experiment. It didn't raise the interest they expected so they won't be pursuing that strategy again.

7 minutes ago, Eric Mc said:

There is the old Airfix one(1/72) which they re-released not that long ago as part of a crowd funding experiment. It didn't raise the interest they expected so they won't be pursuing that strategy again.

You're absolutely right Eric, but then again it wasn't the best model on the market and had a lot of issues.

My thoughts are that a new tooling version might be more successful.

Then again, that's the aim of the post. Thanks again I really appreciate your input.

XVTonker

A few Beagle 206s found their way to Australia and were used by the Flying Doctor service. Years ago I wanted to build a "rain making" Beagle and used the Airfix Basset kit, it was well into the build before I realised the aircraft I wanted to model ( I think an ex RFDS machine) had extra windows and an extra wide cargo / cabin door. Australian interest would be greater for this sub type (206 S-2) rather than the Bassett otherwise itis pretty much going to be solely of interest to the British market I reckon then again you would probably only sell about 10 in Australia , such is the interest in civil aircraft mdelling:lol:!

8860175107_462ceb5596_o.jpg

• Like 2

I would love to see a new build 206.

As I already have a "Regal Beagle" and a "Kitstarter" from Airfix waiting patiently in the stash for me, that's 1/72 covered. However a new one in 1/48 - count me in! But I agree with Wallyinoz, the 206S2 offers more choices, albeit all civil.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year I built the Airfix Bassett. It was a nice work to do this. If somebody somewhen makes a 1/48 kit, I would build it, too, why not. But the Bassett was not so successfull, and before there are kits for a Cessna 310 or a Piper Seneca or a Beech Baron in that scale, I don't think that there will appear a Bassett on the market.

My Bassett Model is the second prototype with a very nice looking colour scheme.

http://modellboard.net/index.php?topic=56428.0 

Sorry - only in german!

On a model show somebody gave me a very old "Flying Revue", Vol. 19, No 8, April 1964. And on the front page the Bassett. At home again my fingers coudn't keep still to start the Airfix kit.

Regards

Juergen

Edited by Gilmore
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I' love another , improved, Beagle 206 but I'd also like a civil version although with more people preferring military subjects I can quite understand the basset route. Again a civil pup would be nice .

Regards Andy

• Like 1