Airfix 1/24th Typhoon

Hi all, my first attempt for to many years to remember. Always had a thing for the "Tiffy" just the look of shear aggression and power. Now that I have retired I have time to get back into my favorite hobby. I wasn't going to put my effort on show to everybody but my good friend and ex-neighbor back in the "UK" some thirty odd years ago Richard "Jenko"  as he is known on this site reckoned that I should so if anyone reckons it's c#*p I can blame him. So here you go !!!! .

As for the kit, I think the price I had to pay for it even on-line was far to much, but that goes for everything in Western Australia. Compared to the old Airfix kits I made many,many years ago it is a vast improvement, I am just waiting for the undercarriage to collapse. I was going to buy another kit to show of the engine etc, but I don't think I will now. It has been a big learning curve for me in the painting department, I would like to a little weathering i.e. exhaust residue and panel lines etc. my next project I hope will be better.

Cheers

Jim

20170328_102337_zpsoxozm9xl.jpg

20170328_102421_zpsrlzabhvt.jpg

20170328_102326_zpsjf0ca5mv.jpg

20170328_102217_zpsxfpvqgik.jpg

Edited by James Wardle
incorrect wording
  • Like 22

Very nice Jim, very nice indeed :)

I can understand, given the cost of the kit and the time taken to put it together, why you want to keep it clean. You could always buy something smaller and cheaper to practice your weathering on!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind comments. I have just started my next project a Tamiya 1/32nd MK 1Xc, I'm at the read the instructions and googling stage. Will try some light weathering after a lot of studying and practicing. So much to learn but am thoroughly enjoying getting back into the hobby after so many years. :idea:

Cheers

Jim:penguin::penguin:

Great model Jim. Really looks the part. :thumbsup2:     Try a few cheap kits to practice on for weathering , panel washes etc.

Just blame me for everything ................everyone does. :doh:

Speak soon

Richard.......................... want to come back to the Uk???  :analintruder:

Edited by jenko
  • Like 1