• Britmodeller 10th Anniversary
    • Nightfighter II
    • What If IV
    • Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command
    • Brits Abroad
    • Big screen, Little Screen

This poll is closed to new votes

On 25/11/2017 at 04:27, JackG said:

Actually there was a proposal, but the host wanted each participant to lock themselves exclusively to a specific year, and no one else would be allowed to build a subject from time period.  I guess those stipulations were it's undoing.

That proposal was too complex.  There were other RAF Centenary proposals, but they all died too :(

11 hours ago, trickyrich said:

It looks like i'll be hosting a couple of GB's next year along with Me-262 & P-39/63 STGB's! I'm not too fussed where the GB's are in the calendar as long as they not the first and last and not on at the same time as they'll probably be big GB's!

My picks would be Feb for Pacific and Sep/Oct for Carriers?

Ok back to the current standing, no voting changing I can see, the top 3 are safe bets for next year and unfortunately the bottom 6 will probably stay there! But if the Brits Abroad aren't careful they'll be sadly heading home shortly.......along with their Cricket and Rugby League teams!!  :rofl2:

2018%20Voting%2026-11_zpsgkcwfvjr.jpg

Hi Rich

Your Rugby team, got thumped yesterday in Scotland, can you send your netball team next year they might be tougher opposition :tease: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42125238

cheers Pat

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Rich

Your Rugby team, got thumped yesterday in Scotland, can you send your netball team next year they might be tougher opposition :tease: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42125238

cheers Pat

Nah we don't have a Rugby team..........anymore! :whistle: Our netball team is much better...... Plus I'm half Kiwi, half Sth African, so can have a three way bet...... go the All Blacks! :D

Changing the subject very quickly  :whistle:  , so what's your next resin model going to be Pat???  :D

• Like 1

ok there's lots of movement and with that last spot........well it could still be a tie?

Spots 5 to 10 are still very volitile at the moment, expect to see some jostling in that group in these final few days.

2018%20Voting%2027-11_zpsftlkufce.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/11/2017 at 10:46 AM, Kallisti said:

Whats the point of that? Armistice Day was 11th Nov 1918, thats the day the war ended, not when a piece of paper was signed. I've maintained all along that this should never have been in the poll but an automatic entry - its the 100th anniversary of the end of one of the bloodiest conflicts in history, it SHOULD be commemorated with a GB in 20`8.

British troops were still fighting in Russia due to Winston Churchill’s fear and hatred of the Russian revolution

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Quick question to any grown ups reading this...

If there is a tie for 9th place do they both go through ?

cheers Pat

Pat,

The answer to this is Yes they do.

It happened last year with the Airliner III GB which I moderated, it tied in 'last place' with another GB which I can't recall the name of and both got slots.

• Like 3

ok one update chart to go after this one, and surprisingly there's not as much vote moving as I thought there'd be.....well at least compared to last years poll.

This I think is pretty how the final results will be....there I've called it!!

2018%20Voting%2028-11_zpsou3dlxev.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

ok one update chart to go after this one, and surprisingly there's not as much vote moving as I thought there'd be.....well at least compared to last years poll.

This I think is pretty how the final results will be....there I've called it!!

2018%20Voting%2028-11_zpsou3dlxev.jpg

Noooooo!!!!!! The Maritime & CC misses out :( Please don't let it be!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GordonM said:

British troops were still fighting in Russia due to Winston Churchill’s fear and hatred of the Russian revolution

...and what has that got to do with anything? Armistice day is when we commemorate the ending of the war.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Noooooo!!!!!! The Maritime & CC misses out :( Please don't let it be!

Let be honest, there is Pacific, Carriers, Grumman and MTO GB, so sea connected groups  pretty well cover that topic anyway. Shackleton could even make it into NATO/Warpac group too.

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Botan said:

Let be honest, there is Pacific, Carriers, Grumman and MTO GB, so sea connected groups  pretty well cover that topic anyway. Shackleton could even make it into NATO/Warpac group too.

How about a P-3 Orion? does not fit any of those :(

9 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Apparently it served in Norway since 1969, so 60's NATO/Warpac :idea:

Edited by Botan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

42 minutes ago, Botan said:

Apparently is served in Norway since 1969, so 60's NATO/Warpac :idea:

Just beat me to the drop, I was just getting that snippet from this site

Although we all know Ray would want to do an Aussie P-3

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

well this is it the last chart for the year...............or will it??? 

If there is any interesting changes between now and the closing of the poll I'll post an update.

It's now down to 3 for the final 2 spots or will we have a tie??  

Unfortunately there'll doesn't look to be an 11th hour bid for spot 9 by the 11th hour!!!  

2018%20Voting%2029-11_zpsxffdo4p7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

May I suggest that it would still be possible to celebrate WW1 in the Brits Abroad GB ? Both France and the US used a number of British aircrafts and France was actually the largest user of the Sopwoth 1-1/2 Strutter while using a small number of Triplanes. US units used the Camel in several squadrons.

On the ground, American forces used a number of British tanks while many were even used by the Germans, who seem to have preferred them to their own designs

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

On the ground, American forces used a number of British tanks while many were even used by the Germans, who seem to have preferred them to their own designs

Also British Austin armoured cars were used on Eastern Front by Russians and by other sides, like Austro-Hungary, and including post-WWI  conflicts. Austin armoured cars.

Ukrainians company Master Box makes Austin Mk IV and Austin Mk III in 1/72 and with very interesting camouflage schemes. I will be making Ukrainian one from 1919.

• Like 2

Assuming the graph at the top of the page is current, looks to be a three way tie with 60 votes apiece.  

if you think about it, if people voted diplomatically we could conceivably have everything tied, and all 16 GB would make it through?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1