• 60s NATO vs Warsaw Pact in Europe
    • Britmodeller 10th Anniversary
    • Nightfighter II
    • What If IV
    • Maritime Patrol including Coastal Command
    • Brits Abroad
    • Big screen, Little Screen

This poll is closed to new votes

ok chart update time.  As can be seen thing are still moving along we have some clear front runners and now a group that may not in most cases make it.....unfortunately! It's those in the middle that are the interest. I update this chart daily and for the last 3 day votes have been going up and down in this area. We're now past the halfway mark and very soon the battle will be on for those final spots.

2018%20voting%2017-11_zpsnfk1zb99.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rob G said:

I'm amazed that there's so much (apparent) interest in the Carriers GB, and so little in the Britmodeller 10th. We're an odd bunch, ain't we?

Each to their own, speaking for myself I can't think of anything with a 10 in it that I would like to build.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, old thumper said:

Each to their own, speaking for myself I can't think of anything with a 10 in it that I would like to build.

22 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Neither can I, unless I could russell up the right parts and decals for a F-110.......

Good points gentlemen and I agree 100%

Now has 100% got a '10' in it???

• Like 2

A-10, F-10 (post 1968 designation of the Skyknight), Beaufighter Mk.X, Hunter FR.10, DC.10, Ilyushin Il-10, Beriev Be-10, Sukhoy T-10...

Wonder if aircrafts serving  in 10 Sqn are eligible, there would be many. Then there are those  of Italian 10th Gruppo, established in 1917 and in continuous existance since  (today on Typhoons). And so on...

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

A-10, F-10 (post 1968 designation of the Skyknight), Beaufighter Mk.X, Hunter FR.10, DC.10, Ilyushin Il-10, Beriev Be-10, Sukhoy T-10...

Wonder if aircrafts serving  in 10 Sqn are eligible, there would be many. Then there are those  of Italian 10th Gruppo, established in 1917 and in continuous existance since  (today on Typhoons). And so on...

Hi Giorgio

Did 10th Gruppo fly Starfighters at any point?

Thanks 

James

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Hi Giorgio

Did 10th Gruppo fly Starfighters at any point?

Thanks 

James

They did for many years: from 1964 to 67 as part of 4 Stormo and from 1967 to 2004 as part of 9 Stormo. This unit was the last to fly the F-104 in Italy  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

I do think the title of the WW1 GB is confusing - "Eleventh Hour" doesn't explain what it is - the label in the poll should be more descriptive

If it doesn't get in for 2018 then maybe it could go back in for 2019. Officially I think The Great War ended in 1919, so it would still be a centenary build.

• Like 1

Whats the point of that? Armistice Day was 11th Nov 1918, thats the day the war ended, not when a piece of paper was signed. I've maintained all along that this should never have been in the poll but an automatic entry - its the 100th anniversary of the end of one of the bloodiest conflicts in history, it SHOULD be commemorated with a GB in 20`8.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

Whats the point of that? Armistice Day was 11th Nov 1918, thats the day the war ended, not when a piece of paper was signed. I've maintained all along that this should never have been in the poll but an automatic entry - its the 100th anniversary of the end of one of the bloodiest conflicts in history, it SHOULD be commemorated with a GB in 20`8.

It was that piece of paper that shaped and led to a lot of future events, and also that piece of paper that defined the outcome of the Great War.

Britmodeller is ultimately a democracy and we commemorate the end of the Great War every year not just in 2018.

It does often say on War Memorials 1914-19 war, it is a term that is quite widely used.   

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 2

there have been some big movers in the polls and generally most GB's have gotten some votes, however three of them are looking a bit dead in the water at the moment having no votes in the last 24hrs.

I'll post an update in the morning to cover the changes over the weekend

ok here it is!

2018%20voting%2020-11_zpsineid9qa.jpg

At this rate I'm going to have to lengthen my chart! there now appear to be a coupe of clear front runners and unfortunately the bottom 5 are quite liable to remain there. It's still anyones guess as to which GB will be the lucky 9th? There may even be a tie?

Interestingly, last year here were 25 GB's up for 9 spots with over 1100 votes being cast!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have finally voted. With the GB:s going through at the moment, I found out I could build a Grumman Hellcat in at least five of them... Grumman, Pacific, Carriers, Airfix and MTO... Someone tell me how to join number "10" with a Hellcat and that would be sixth! Maritime Patrol could also be added with some stretching, but not even the French used them until the -60's (against the WarPac) and they were definitely not Hawkers! V-P

• Like 3

On 20/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, vppelt68 said:

I have finally voted. With the GB:s going through at the moment, I found out I could build a Grumman Hellcat in at least five of them... Grumman, Pacific, Carriers, Airfix and MTO... Someone tell me how to join number "10" with a Hellcat and that would be sixth! Maritime Patrol could also be added with some stretching, but not even the French used them until the -60's (against the WarPac) and they were definitely not Hawkers! V-P

No but there's plenty Hawker products being used by NATO during the 60s ;) 

• Haha 1

ok that fun time of the week we've all been waiting for.............chart update time!!! :yahoo:

Good news for some and not for others. The front runners are still the front runners and the cellar dwellers well......maybe next year! It's now just a race for that final 9th spot!

While to chart shows pretty much gains all round, but when I update it daily I see the votes are going all over the place. Behind the scenes there is a lot of vote changing going on mainly of course around that 9th position spot. Even at this stage 8 votes above the current cutoff mark still isn't a guarantee of a spot in next years GB's. It's all going to happen in these final days!!

2018%20Voting%2024-11_zpsanrjn4uq.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1