first time posting

Simon in Wales

Hello from west of Swansea,

First time posting here but I've been a long time lurker admiring the quality of the work on here.

Back in the day I built 1/72 Airfix planes and hung them from my bedroom ceiling.  Most were built with the undercart up as I had an amazing talent from knocking bits off and then losing them!  I also had an OO gauge model railway that was exhibited a couple of times.

That was twenty something years ago.  I stopped building models when I went to university and then got married, had children and all the rest of it.

Started again a few years back.  Model railways were stupidly expensive and involved electrics and other things I don't understand (my father always did the wiring).  I also found that all the ready-to-plant buildings and  everything else thats now available took a lot of the interest and fun out of it.  I wanted to build things.

So I've returned to the aeroplanes, 1/72 and 1/48, and started some 1/35 armour and figures.  Really enjoying getting back into it even if it is frustrating at times but everything I build I learn something new, or at least I hope I do.

Simon

On 28/03/2017 at 7:16 PM, Simon in Wales said:

from knocking bits off and then losing them!

This was because back then you didn't know about the 'Carpet Monster',a creature which is worthy of its own thread.

All of us on here have met it but don't let it put you off.

Some of us on here have been feeding it for at least 50 years!

Richard